Skip to main content

Honey, Soy, Garlic Chicken Breasts Recipe ~ Creative Kicthen ~ Cook at Home

I won't remove this picture because me and the boys had a laugh about how ugly it looked despite us enjoying it. 

It's effing ugly but the only proof of what I made. However, I will replace it with a new picture when I make it again. 😂😂😂

I know this looks ugly but I did my best to salvage what I could, pictures of what I cooked for the day. It's especially regretful today because it was really delicious, the men in the house ate them up, and this was what I salvaged. 

Anyway, a couple of days ago, I bought a lot of chicken breasts from the morning market because they're cheaper than the usual parts and decided to rampage the internet to find recipes I can experiment with. And this was one of them and I've kept them in my recipe keeper for some time now. Honey, Soy, Garlic Chicken Breasts. Sweet, Salty, Savory...a combination you can't go wrong with, isn't it?

The pictures I posted these few days really don't cut it. 

Anyway, it's not that hard. I promise you. 

PREP
  1. Butterfly the chicken breasts
  2. I made the extra stop to pummel them down with a food tenderizer
  3. Marinade the breasts with garlic powder, onion power, salt, pepper (optional: sweet paprika and cayenne) for 2 hours or more. Or...until you're ready to cook them, just bring them to room temp
  4. Mince 4 to 5 cloves garlic
  5. In a sauce bowl, mix together 4 Tbs of honey, 4 Tbs of soy sauce, 1 tsp of salt, 1 1/2 tsp of Ajinomoto (optional), 2 Tbsp of Oyster sauce, 1 Tbsp of sugar, 2 Tbsp of water
  6. In another sauce bowl, mix 1 Tsp of corn flour with equal amount of water, stir and set aside
COOKING
  1. Heat oil over the pan and pan-fry the chicken breasts over med-high heat, one side and then the other. Set aside
  2. Finish the batch and keep the chicken juices
  3. Saute garlic until fragrant
  4. Add in sauce mixture till they're at boiling point and reducing
  5. Add water
  6. Add cornstarch slurry, stir till thick
  7. Add back in the cooked chicken breasts and coat thenm
SERVE and ENJOY.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At Camp 5, 1 Utama: Kids' Rescue Mission

The kids had a wonderfully exciting day today. Now, this is as extreme as this mother is going to get. Mommy goes Paintball, kids go mountain-climbing...I think I've fulfilled the criteria of offering my kids a fun and exciting life as a kid. :-) It was one of their friends' birthday party and they're a little bored of KidzSports...that's for BABIES, anyway, they say. So, off to Camp 5 then, says the birthday boy's mother. Camp 5 in 1 Utama is located near Neways Karaoke, for those who have never been there before. It's a neat little corner tucked up on the roof of the massive shopping complex. Anyway, the kids had tons of fun although a little apprhensive when they saw how high the 'rock' was. It's actually quite neat and if I didn't feel like throwing up whenever up on higher grounds, I would have wanted to try it as well. The highlight of this party came in the form of a rescue mission. As we all know, when one is frighte...

A Liberating Activity - Guess What Mine Is....

When asked what’s my one single favorite thing to do in the world, I would usually name a whole list of things that I love to do when my work is not screaming at me. Something that takes my mind COMPLETELY off of everyday tasks and relaxes me. Take a guess what it is…. If you say ‘ reading ’, yes, I love reading (especially soppy love stories with lots of sex scenes, please. Hee hee hee ….) and I also love mystery novels but it’s not the first on the list. If you say ‘ playing the piano ’; yes, I love playing the piano. Creating forms a huge part of my life and whenever I play the piano (as inept at it as I am), there’s this tiny little girl inside of me jumping up and down with glee, clapping her hands. It’s my childhood dream to be able to play the piano! And thumping on the keys gives me a sense of satisfaction when I hear the music. If you say ‘ writing ’; You’ve got to be kidding me! You mean I don’t write enough as it is? Case closed. If you say ‘ playing with my kids ’; Yea...

When will Mariah stop flashing her boobs????

Mariah used to be my favourite singer of all time because she's got this amazing gift in the form of a voice that can go ANYWHERE but why oh why is she so obssessed with flashing those enormous peaks of hers everywhere...and why is it that all her songs contain sexual innuendos....touch my body is one of them. I mean, I love the song, I love the tune, I love the beat but PLEASE , Mariah, PLEASE .....why can't you be decent for once? I clicked to watch because I like the song and spent a couple of minutes crossing my fingers that she won't be flashing anything (FAT CHANCE!) in the video. But nope....no such luck. In fact, with a song like that, she goes even further over the top. Where got people answer the door in this type of clothing wan?? Is she for real??? I mean, in this video, she calls a technician up to fix her computer and she answers the foor LIKE THAT ??? Aish.... But the video was entertaining in a sense because the lam-chue-kok (male lead) is this geeky,...