Skip to main content

Awesome Insta Ad: Corny But It Worked

Instagram ads are quite hard to pin down. You either make it or you don't because unlike Facebook where you have more space to write and elaborate, on Instagram, you have to make it really short, catchy and engaging all within either a picture or a short video.

People have very little patience, even less so than other social media outlets, when they're scrolling through Instagram.

I am sure you must have seen the sudden explosion of ads on Instagram launched by Prudential lately. Admittedly, I clicked. Just because I was curious about who the heck would advertise a piece of wood based on superstition?!

I clicked because I was curious. Like....for real???!!





How much does it cost to advertise on Instagram?
Quick answer: The average CPC on Instagram is around $0.50 – $1.00. You will pay more in highly competitive industries, e.g. apparel. Instagram ads cost can reach up to $3.00 per click. Read this article to see how to keep your costs low - KarolaKarlson

Now that the question 'You really wood buy this, huh?' in rubber stamped is my head, making me question my own momentary insanity, I will remember this ad for some time to come. 😅

So, good job, Prudential...and whoever is behind this ad. It's quite de genius.

I am not feeling so sparkly this weekend so, it's eating out as usual.

As I scroll through my Instagram feed, people are posting dissertations of their weekend sinful indulgences. Cakes, desserts, ice-cream, sodas, etc. I, for one, am not much of a sweet-drinks person. I have a love-hate relationship with sugar, quite an unhealthy relationship with it, really.

But here's mine, anyway.


Here are a few quick reminders if you're trying to work your Instagram:-

1. Quality images - it doesn't have to be perfect but it needs to be of relatively good quality. You'll soon see a jump in the percentage of clickthroughs

2. Be creative, bold and very personal - social media has become more impersonal now more than ever before so, flip the script. Get personal. If you do it right, pictures do speak more than a thousand words.

3. Hashtag it but keep the copy short - note that people on Instagram want you to elaborate A LITTLE. They, however, are not going to spend more than a few seconds scanning your text.

4. Younger demographic - Remember that Instagram has a younger demographic than Facebook. Instagram is not Facebook.

5. Include a call to action. If they decide to act, it would be RIGHT THEN RIGHT THERE. So, include your info in your posts and make it easy, quick and simple. Get straight to the point.

I'm recovering from the ridiculous nose-clog that I was suffering from last night (have you ever told yourself that you'll be watching just one video on Youtube and then get up to clean up the house and end up sleeping till the next morning? Yeah....) so, this Sunday's been good to me so far!

XOXO,
Marsha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe