Skip to main content

Cooking : Caribbean Chicken

I'll keep things short today because...well, it's Monday and I feel like I have been working 10 straight years without sleep. An exaggeration, of course, but my mind is telling me that it's very close to the truth, somehow. #lol

Caribbean Baked Chicken with Delicious Sauce
I am not a chef but because, as explained in another post, I spend as much time in the kitchen as I do in front of the computer, I continue to scour the internet for recipes so that I don't have to tapau (takeaway) everyday for lunch AND dinner. I don't even have time for my phone or tablet. =(

But here's something you might want to try cooking in YOUR kitchen. The sauce is tangy and sweet at the same time, thanks to the mustard, paprika, cider vinegar, and the combination of pineapple, tomatoes, ginger, onion and garlic.

I've never tried doing this type of cooking before so, it was an experiment. And I love it! Head over to Kellie's recipe on Cookpad for the printable Caribbean Chicken recipe or just note it down from the following.

I sincerely hope that you're having a better time keeping your eyes open and mind chugging along than I am.

XOXO,
Marsha

Caribbean Chicken

We're reminiscing our Saint Lucia days. .. Sweet and spicy chicken we had at a couple local family restaurants on the island... some came grilled, some were stewed in the sauce. (Heat/spiciness varied as well) Play around with the heat and make it your own. Serve with Rasta Charlie's coconut rice.. yumm.
Recipe Credit : Kellie

Ingredients

  1. 1 cup crushed/pureed plum tomatoes
  2. 1 cup Fresh pineapple, finely chopped
  3. 2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
  4. 1/4 cup spicy dijon mustard
  5. 1 tbsp Browning sauce (pickapeppa or worcestershire)
  6. 2 tbsp cider vinegar
  7. 2 tbsp Fresh ginger, minced
  8. 4 garlic cloves, minced
  9. 1/2 onion, diced
  10. 1 tsp paprika
  11. 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  12. 1/2 Scotch bonnet, minced (or more if you like it spicier)
  13. 1 tsp olive oil
  14. 6 boneless skinless chicken pieces (thighs and breast)
  15. Method

    1. In a pot heat oil, add onion garlic and saute for 2 min.
    2. Add all the other ingredients (except chicken)and blend with hand blender until smooth but thick. (Leaving a few chunks behind is fine ) 😊
    3. Let sauce come to boil then reduce to low and let sit on the heat for 30 min.
    4. Place chicken in a bowl and add 1/2 cup of the sauce and let marinade for 15 min.
    5. Grill the chicken until cooked through. I like to serve more of the sauce on top of the chicken (with the sauce that was left over in the pot)
    6. ** if you're cooking this on the stove top and not the grill, brown/sear chicken in a pan,add some of the sauce and let cook together until chicken is cooked through****** serve with coconut rice and veggies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe