Skip to main content

Yoga : A Day to Bend and Challenge Yourself Not to Break

It's not just about the body, it's about the mind, the balance, the overall health and steadiness of the breath. Sometimes, through the 'comings and goings' of life, you'll find the 'come what may'.
There was once a running enthusiast who chastised or belittled me for only doing yoga and asked me 'Aiyo, you're only doing yoga. Why would you need a sports bra? Not like you're doing anything serious'. I was trying to catch Tara Stiles when she was in Malaysia and, along the way, get a sports bra or something comfortable to wear whenever I attempt something

Hence, began my love-hate relationship with people who run and like to make fun of people who do something else. Although I try not to generalize people who choose to run or do kick-boxing or judo or karate or climb mountains, I try to avoid conflict with runners. And the thing is that I have nothing against running, and it's sad that this person (and a few others) spoiled the broth for the entire village.


I am not writing this to diss anyone but I sometimes want to challenge that one person to try something like his...just because. The day he can do this will be the day I will bury the hatchet and buy the hundreds of different shoes he has in his running shoe collection. (He's a little on the...er...no comment. lol. What a waste of words)

The intention of the post was actually to commemorate a day of Yoga.
Yoga practitioners took a relaxing break to bend, twist and pose on Wednesday for the annual international event celebrating the practice, especially in the country where it began. AP News
I am fully aware of the fact that people look at yoga either as a:-
  1. lame excuse for exercise
  2. exercise for babies and kids
  3. exercise for the lazy
  4. kink for flexi-wannabes
  5. something for contortionists
  6. it's all ooohhhmmmmm....and sanskrit
  7. it's hoodoo, y'allllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!
  8. sect. a bloody sect...for in-sects (for fun, ya? lol)
  9. all they do is ask you to bend over and breathe (SUSPICIOUS AS HELL, PEOPLE! DON'T DROP THE SOAP!)
The truth is that there are a lot of benefits to enjoying a quick session of yoga but the unfortunate fact is that some people think of it as something you either do it to break your back or is so lame that is not worth your time. For instance, this restorative lame-ass poses you can do in your office to bust your stress level.


Regularly, there are Yoga people on the internet who try to come up with different ways you can do yoga to heal the body, restore it or balance it, it all depends so, it's not all voodoo and fengsui. (let me be clear, there's NO voodoo or fengsui in Yoga - it's a joke, please). The above is a sample from Yogatailor on Twiiter and Instagram and if you take a look at it, they're really great ways to stretch after a good run! Because....

Injuries Due to Running:

The muscles that are impacted the most while you’re running include:
  • Hamstrings and quadriceps
  • Hip flexors
  • Calf muscles
  • IT Band (not a muscle but becomes very tight and sore through running).
  • Hip and outer glutes
  • Feet and ankles
And here are 60 benefits (that you might already know about) about doing yoga. Mantras, chanting, donations and visiting of temples optional:-
  1. provides a sense of control
  2. promotes healthy weight
  3. regulates energy detoxifies the body
  4. improves muscle tone
  5. promotes healthy coping mechanism
  6. boosting confidence
  7. increases mental strength and toughness
Better yet, if you think yoga is a bit too sissified for you, UPGRADE to Pilates. Here are the benefits to Pilates.
Some research has also linked Pilates to better flexibilitytrunk stabilityinjury prevention and athletic performance. (Some former and current NFL players, including Antonio Brown and Martellus Bennett, are fans.) - Time.com
There must be a reason THIS mom finds awesome ways to practice yoga after having two kids, follow Summer Perez on Instagram. Moms like her awesome...


Credit :
  1. Yoga on Instagram
  2. APNews.com
  3. MindBodyGreen.com
  4. http://www.yogatailor.com / www.twitter.com/yogatailor
  5. Time.com
  6. Dailymail.co.uk


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe