Skip to main content

Stand in the Light - Jordan Smith

Today, I just want to share something with you, it's Monday and I think we need to be reminded of the fact that sometimes, we just need to be who we are. The toughest critics on the planet are not your parents, not your sister or brother, not your best-friend and God forbid, let it not be your boss or colleagues.

The toughest critic in your life is YOU. The voice of doubt, that uncertainty and that crippling anxiety. If you've not experienced this, WOW, you're an amazing person and keep at it. But for the rest of us, we've probably felt this at least once (come on, admit it) in our lives. Even when the people around us cheer us on and tell us that we've got this, that bloody voice in our heads keeps yapping away.

You're gonna SUUUUUCCCKKKKKK!!!! You're going to trip and fall on your face. Look at them, they're smiling but inside, deep inside, they're praying to God that this will be the end of you. Trust me. Look at that smile, it's a smirk, I tell you. IT'S A SMIRK! SMIRKKKKK! You can't even move now, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As a person who calls the stage, any stage, her second home, I hate to admit it but I've been crippled on stage before. Not when I was younger because that was when I LIVED for the stage. But towards the middle of life, there was a period of time that I couldn't even make a speech. A speech, not sing. A speech. It will go to my grave with me, that moment, and the regret and disappointment that I caused because of it. I never really explained why I couldn't make that speech, even when I was desperately begged to do it, I just couldn't. Crippled because of the stage and a microphone. Me??????!!!!! That was when I knew something was wrong. The doubts got the better of me.

I've recovered from that but I want to share with everyone who is willing to read this that as soon as you feel THAT crippled, MAKE that mistake. Take the risk, show doubt the middle finger and shake your way through that presentation, so be it. You will be one step closer to shutting the door on that damn voice. Because that damn voice has no place in your head.

*** *** ***

Stand in the light and be seen as we are

Didn't I tell you I hear what you say
Never look back as you're walking away
Carry the music the memories
And keep them inside you
Laugh every day
Don't stop those tears from falling down

This is who I am inside
This is who I am I'm not gonna hide
Cause the greatest risk we'll ever take
Is by far to stand in the light
And be seen as we are
Stand in the light and be seen as we are

With courage and kindness
Hold on to your faith
You get what you give
And it's never too late
To reach for the branch
And climb up leaving sadness behind you
Fight hard for love
We can never give enough

This is who I am inside
This is who I am I'm not gonna hide
Cause the greatest risk we'll ever take is by far
To stand in the light and be seen as we are
Stand in the light and be seen as we are

Riding the storms that
Come raging toward us we dive
Holding our breath
As we break through the surface
With arms open wide
With arms open wide

This is who I am inside
This is who I am I'm not gonna hide
Cause the greatest risk we'll ever take is by far
To stand in the light and be seen as we are
Stand in the light and be seen as we are

Cause the greatest risk we'll ever take is by far
To stand in the light and be seen as we are
So stand in the light and be seen as we are

To stand in the light and be seen as we are



Lots of Love this Monday, people,
XOXO,
Marsha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe