Skip to main content

Really? Malaysia is Safe, You Say?

We all knew that there is a drastic rise in crime in Malaysia but except for one other time, it seems like something everyone else was talking about. It was always happening to someone else, somewhere I have never been to, and in situations that I have never been in.

These brazen criminals have the gall to relieve bags, purses, phones, gadgets, laptops, work bags and what nots like they are window shopping. They are also said to operate like shadowy thieves when they break the car windows of cars on the road and make a grab for whatever is on the passenger seat. I have even heard that they are daring enough to break the window of the DRIVER's seat and grab things off of you hand! Unbelievable...but that is what I heard. If that was true....sigh...

But these modus operandi is quite 'heard-of', of course, in many other crime-dotted countries (read: mainly other third world countries) but it has never been quite so rampant in Malaysia. Recently, they aimed to murder if they don't get what they want from their victims. What are we, Detroit???!!! (My apologies to Detroit folks, but I heard that almost everyone has a gun in the city and putting one in the brain of another person is a  common thing. Please correct me if I have been misinformed).

A more 'sophisticated' modus operandi came to light in the last few months which is for these criminals to arm themselves with weapons, walk right into a full restaurant, scare the bejeezuz out of the patrons and owners, and then whimsically remove all personal properties from each table before walking off into the horizon (back to their vehicles) like an effin' Marlboro Man.


This is an insult to the Marlboro Man but he is portrayed as a damn stylish person and this must be what the thieves think their actions made them look like! This makes me mad. 

But like I said, everything always happened to someone else, somewhere else until it began hitting too close to home...actually, it hit home.

Not my home but my neighbor. Unknowingly, I have walked passed a home break-in right when it was happening and I was wondering 'what the hell is this neighbor's door opened up like that'. I walked past a couple of times...like 8 times or so because I went out for grocery, came home, got the kids back from school, came home, walked the kids to the guardhouse, came home...and all this while, this neighbor's door was like AJAR. It didn't even ring a bell with me, because honestly speaking, this condo is tucked away in a small little comfortable corner of the world and we are just living in our safe haven where things happened somewhere else more packed, more convenient, and more known. We were so safe in our fairy tale land that it didn't dawn on me that my neighbor's house just got broken into! Never occurred to me, nuh-uh. It can't be us, come on.

Well, our safe little 'haven' have just been discovered, y'all cause not only did they break into two homes within this low-rise building, but the next day after that, they broke into a townhouse next to us.

It's frustrating because this whole thing is now very, very, VERY real and too close for comfort.

On Facebook, I saw a sad little thing happening too...restaurants hiring armed personnel to keep criminals away. I mean, restaurants??? Come on! It used to be limited down to retailers selling gold and precious jewels who needed to hire armed personnel, or a bank or a security company....

...but a restaurant? Indeed a very sad sight and fact to digest.

But digest this we shall, huh?


That's my neighbor's gate, the ear for the padlock's been pried open like a sardine can.

Something's got to be done about these guys, these criminals walking and terrorizing the streets of Malaysia like it is their God-given right to take things off people. I want them minced and thrown into the sea.

Comments

Leode said…
I'm in Canada right now and the top story is of course Egypt. But also in the news is the rising unemployment and crime.

IMO we could do what folks in South Africa do... Bouncers and steel cages for all shops and armed response teams for home security.
Marsha Maung said…
It makes me even sadder to think of caging shops up and armed teams for homes. It would really wreck my security if we had to put a gun in our security man's hand. He isn't armed as it is, only trained to alert but I think it is time we have to change...

Truly sad...

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe