Skip to main content

There Is Comfort In The Dark


I wrote this one time when I was really down and out. It is not poetry so, PLEASE DON'T LAUGH (hahaha...if you laugh, i villl keel yoooooo) but it made me get up and have a go again. It is my wish that when people read this, they can find some comfort that they are not alone and you can make it too. 

XOXO,
Marsha

*** ***

Everything is still in the darkness,
No light, no sound, no joy, no pain,
There is comfort in the dark,
While there is no joy to gain,
In darkness, joy remains a bane
Therefore, there is kindness in the dark

There is a door,
There is light,
There is sound,
There is possible laughter,
Feel, there is possible love,
There is possible joy,
However, there is comfort in the dark

Every step towards the door,
God, it feels like moving a mountain,
Why move when there is comfort in the dark?
What if there isn’t light?
What if it hurts?
What if I reached out and feel pain
Again,
So, there I remain, there is comfort in the dark

Is this for eternity? Is this all that I am?
Nothingness? Emptiness? Emotionless?
Is this what I was born for?
Was there no purpose for my life?
Is it possible that there’s more?
Is it true that I can survive?
In the darkness I have stayed,
Is there reason for the wait?

It felt like a breeze blowing over my face,
Beckoning me to change my fate,
Like a butterfly catching my eye in the sky
It makes me ask God why,
Why is there comfort in the dark
When it is possible to leave a mark,
What is it out there, curiosity eats at me,
The curiosity brings along a friend,
And that friend is hope.
Can I let go?

The breeze of hope sweeps me to my feet,
I am ready,
Thank you darkness, thanks for the company,
I am ready for more than this,
The wave of hope is hard to resist,
I shall persist with every step towards that door of light,
I resolve to keep up a good fight,
One day, when I am in pain,
I know that there is comfort in the dark,
again.
Yet, there is hope in the light.

Goodbye Darkness, my friend,
May I never see you again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At Camp 5, 1 Utama: Kids' Rescue Mission

The kids had a wonderfully exciting day today. Now, this is as extreme as this mother is going to get. Mommy goes Paintball, kids go mountain-climbing...I think I've fulfilled the criteria of offering my kids a fun and exciting life as a kid. :-) It was one of their friends' birthday party and they're a little bored of KidzSports...that's for BABIES, anyway, they say. So, off to Camp 5 then, says the birthday boy's mother. Camp 5 in 1 Utama is located near Neways Karaoke, for those who have never been there before. It's a neat little corner tucked up on the roof of the massive shopping complex. Anyway, the kids had tons of fun although a little apprhensive when they saw how high the 'rock' was. It's actually quite neat and if I didn't feel like throwing up whenever up on higher grounds, I would have wanted to try it as well. The highlight of this party came in the form of a rescue mission. As we all know, when one is frighte...

A Liberating Activity - Guess What Mine Is....

When asked what’s my one single favorite thing to do in the world, I would usually name a whole list of things that I love to do when my work is not screaming at me. Something that takes my mind COMPLETELY off of everyday tasks and relaxes me. Take a guess what it is…. If you say ‘ reading ’, yes, I love reading (especially soppy love stories with lots of sex scenes, please. Hee hee hee ….) and I also love mystery novels but it’s not the first on the list. If you say ‘ playing the piano ’; yes, I love playing the piano. Creating forms a huge part of my life and whenever I play the piano (as inept at it as I am), there’s this tiny little girl inside of me jumping up and down with glee, clapping her hands. It’s my childhood dream to be able to play the piano! And thumping on the keys gives me a sense of satisfaction when I hear the music. If you say ‘ writing ’; You’ve got to be kidding me! You mean I don’t write enough as it is? Case closed. If you say ‘ playing with my kids ’; Yea...

When will Mariah stop flashing her boobs????

Mariah used to be my favourite singer of all time because she's got this amazing gift in the form of a voice that can go ANYWHERE but why oh why is she so obssessed with flashing those enormous peaks of hers everywhere...and why is it that all her songs contain sexual innuendos....touch my body is one of them. I mean, I love the song, I love the tune, I love the beat but PLEASE , Mariah, PLEASE .....why can't you be decent for once? I clicked to watch because I like the song and spent a couple of minutes crossing my fingers that she won't be flashing anything (FAT CHANCE!) in the video. But nope....no such luck. In fact, with a song like that, she goes even further over the top. Where got people answer the door in this type of clothing wan?? Is she for real??? I mean, in this video, she calls a technician up to fix her computer and she answers the foor LIKE THAT ??? Aish.... But the video was entertaining in a sense because the lam-chue-kok (male lead) is this geeky,...