Skip to main content

7 Reasons To Turn Down A Marriage Proposal

Image credit

Not that they are all relevant to me, of course, but I felt compelled to write this out because I am sort of trying to pin down the character for one of stories. She's the high-flying, arrogant everyday b*t*h in the corporate world.

And she's so beautiful that she's got at least one suitor to every piece of item in her closet...and that is a lot. I know cause I created this lunatic. And every now and again, she rejects someone. So, this list is hers. I don't have a name for her yet, so....here goes.

Why she turns down the men who have proposed to her in the past.

  1. You're a superstar

    I really was kidding when I said I would get into Brad Pitt's pants if he were right here in front of me. Well, actually, I think I would. But seriously, would YOU marry a superstar? Er, not by a long shot, hun. I would if you were Tiger Woods because you would shag everything (OTHER THAN ME) in your line of sight (because you can and should) and then I get to wrangle every possible cent I can from you in a divorce settlement.... If you are ultra-rich celebrity who does not shag around, buzz off.

  2. You've got no imagination/humor.

    Might as well marry a blank piece of paper. And I've already got plenty of those. I like to laugh. I like people who makes me laugh. I hate being bored and don't like to pay for entertainment.

  3. If you think phone sex is hot...

    Er....this one would keep me awake night after night after night after night, I am assuming. What is wrong with the real thing, anyway? Some men just like to goof off in the middle of the night or something and they think it's so damn hot that they have you on the phone and they're staring at page 35 of a Playboy magazine. Blergh....they have no life. Go get one. And no, that thing in your pants is not your saving grace.

  4. You are so full of yourself

    Yes, you might think you want to marry me but hell, I know you want to marry me because you want to use me as a ladder so that you can not only be the center of YOUR universe, but the center of mine as well. Shove off! I am the center of EVERYONE's universe.

  5. Rude to other people

    (this part is a lot me) I am not talking about freely cursing madcap drivers on the road or showing people his middle finger. I am talking about people who ignore you when you talk to them (by nodding or brooding, thinking that you know what they are thinking) and also people who don't know how to say 'thank you', 'excuse me', 'sorry' (especially sorry), 'welcome', etc. I've had my fair share of people who thinks I am deaf too because for some reason, they bellow instead of talk.

  6. If he has ten cats, eight hamsters, 5 roosters, 11 fishes and 1 dog living in his house

    You are probably asking me to marry you because you want someone to help you clean up poop in your house. Sorry, mate, you are feeling up the wrong skirt. I don't even have a broom.

  7. Barking up the wrong tree.

    Simple. I don't love you. I don't even like you, and yet, you are always hanging around me waiting for bits and pieces of my life that I might throw at you. You are so pathetic. I don't dig you. You dig that or else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe