Skip to main content

Let It Go

Do you even know what it’s like to let everything go, not care and worry about responsibilities anymore? Sometimes, when you take a good look at your life, do you sit there and wonder how amazing it would be if you could be a kid all over again? Kids have the best lives ever! They need to know that and I tell my kids all the time - that they need to be carefree and not stress out of minor things. One of my kids refused to go barefoot and sit down on the grass while licking his ice-cream the other day….we were in a nice park. It’s not Central Park but this is as big and convenient as it can get over here. He’s concerned about worms and ants in the grass and that his pants will get dirty. Don’t look at me; he got that from his father! What I did was push him to the ground and say, ‘See? Nobody died. Now let’s eat this ice-cream and lie down on the ground and watch clouds after that.’ My other kid was laughing his head off. Now, this guy’s got everything from me. :-) The point of this article is this – everyday, day in and day out, we live with responsibilities, bills, things that we have to do, stuff we have to take care of, anxiety and stress kills. Did you know that? Well, it does. It either kills off your heart, the Commando of your physical being, or it kills your head….the HQ of your soul. Along the way, we grow up and we also learn to forget how to let everything go once in a while. How to be just you….just YOU without everything else tying you down to the ground. We need to do things that we WANT to do and things that we have learned or taught to believe is IRRESPONSIBLE and CARELESS. What’s wrong with that – I’m thinking? Mopping the floor could be fun if you let go of the feeling that it’s a responsibility….seriously. Cooking can be fun if you don’t think of it as a burden. Think like a kid because a kid’s going to want to put strange things into the pot hoping that it will turn out EDIBLE. A kid’s going to want to slide across the wet floor just to see how far they can slide along the hallway when they're in the middle of mopping it. Being a kid all the time is not a good idea, though, but every once in a while, be irresponsible. Be fun. Be excited. Be passionate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe