Skip to main content

Australia: The Movie

I love romantic comedies or just comedies. It makes me happy. When I blog more about the movies I watch, you'll see why! :-) So, it's kind of strange by my standards to find me watching something like AUSTRALIA. I mean, AUSTRALIA?
Fine. I'll choke it up. It's Hugh Jackman, awright? Sheesh.....
But I love Nicole Kidman too - so, give me some credit here. It wasn't ENTIRELY a hormone-based decision.
So, I start watching and get enthralled with Jackman on a horse (he said he banged his balls a lot while filming this show....ouch!). Is it any surprise at all that I find Nicole Kidman so alluringly regal and beautiful in this movie, no? She was. And she's cute too.
My favorite scene with Kidman in it was when she said she could help get the cows together like a man and that she could do it too. And when she did, there she was sitting high on a horse shouting, 'Move along now! Move along! Roar, roar, ROOOAAARRR!' That was absolutely hilarious.
Kidman's chemistry with Jackman is, of course, unquestionable but she had this thing with the little kid too, Nullah.
But then again, Nicole Kidman is the kind of actress who would have incredible chemistry with a block of wood, so...that's not a big deal. The kid, however, need some working on but he did fabulous, nonetheless.
Now on to the star of my many wet dreams, Hugh Jackman. I don't know what it is about Hugh Jackman that makes a boring movie alright (OK, the body might have something to do with it but it's not ALL of it) and I'll admit that they dragged it a little too far with the long stretches of scenery, pregnant pauses, slotting of scenes that should have ended up on the cutting room floor....well, it was draggy.
But with Hugh Jackman in it, I'll yawn past those moments for him.
I'll chop off four toes for him.
The bedroom scene was what I was waiting for and it was so tastefully and sexily done that I wasn't disappointed at all. It wasn't lust-inducing (as one would expect - go get porn if that's what you want) but this is the kind of scene that made you go 'aaawwwwww....shucks!' so yeah, it was fantastically done. How can it not be fantastic when you have two beautiful people with beautiful bodies having a go at it, huh? This is an epic movie....a very strong and powerful....one with a message. The war scene whereby Hugh Jackman thought Nicole Kidman was dead....it completely broke my heart, that scene! I was sobbing like a four-year-old into the blanky that I was holding....a sorry sight. I would have preferred another ending, actually, but well...the writers had to write it that way because aborigines had to be aborigines, I guess. They have their lives to live and Nullah was one....born with mystical powers and instincts. No motherly love can contain that because it's just the way they are. But I wish there was a way that he could've stayed. Well, at least these two ended up together. Otherwise, I would bomb Australia.

Comments

onesimplelife said…
you make me want to watch the show....

Popular posts from this blog

A Liberating Activity - Guess What Mine Is....

When asked what’s my one single favorite thing to do in the world, I would usually name a whole list of things that I love to do when my work is not screaming at me. Something that takes my mind COMPLETELY off of everyday tasks and relaxes me. Take a guess what it is…. If you say ‘ reading ’, yes, I love reading (especially soppy love stories with lots of sex scenes, please. Hee hee hee ….) and I also love mystery novels but it’s not the first on the list. If you say ‘ playing the piano ’; yes, I love playing the piano. Creating forms a huge part of my life and whenever I play the piano (as inept at it as I am), there’s this tiny little girl inside of me jumping up and down with glee, clapping her hands. It’s my childhood dream to be able to play the piano! And thumping on the keys gives me a sense of satisfaction when I hear the music. If you say ‘ writing ’; You’ve got to be kidding me! You mean I don’t write enough as it is? Case closed. If you say ‘ playing with my kids ’; Yea...

At Camp 5, 1 Utama: Kids' Rescue Mission

The kids had a wonderfully exciting day today. Now, this is as extreme as this mother is going to get. Mommy goes Paintball, kids go mountain-climbing...I think I've fulfilled the criteria of offering my kids a fun and exciting life as a kid. :-) It was one of their friends' birthday party and they're a little bored of KidzSports...that's for BABIES, anyway, they say. So, off to Camp 5 then, says the birthday boy's mother. Camp 5 in 1 Utama is located near Neways Karaoke, for those who have never been there before. It's a neat little corner tucked up on the roof of the massive shopping complex. Anyway, the kids had tons of fun although a little apprhensive when they saw how high the 'rock' was. It's actually quite neat and if I didn't feel like throwing up whenever up on higher grounds, I would have wanted to try it as well. The highlight of this party came in the form of a rescue mission. As we all know, when one is frighte...

When will Mariah stop flashing her boobs????

Mariah used to be my favourite singer of all time because she's got this amazing gift in the form of a voice that can go ANYWHERE but why oh why is she so obssessed with flashing those enormous peaks of hers everywhere...and why is it that all her songs contain sexual innuendos....touch my body is one of them. I mean, I love the song, I love the tune, I love the beat but PLEASE , Mariah, PLEASE .....why can't you be decent for once? I clicked to watch because I like the song and spent a couple of minutes crossing my fingers that she won't be flashing anything (FAT CHANCE!) in the video. But nope....no such luck. In fact, with a song like that, she goes even further over the top. Where got people answer the door in this type of clothing wan?? Is she for real??? I mean, in this video, she calls a technician up to fix her computer and she answers the foor LIKE THAT ??? Aish.... But the video was entertaining in a sense because the lam-chue-kok (male lead) is this geeky,...