Skip to main content

Experience Must Be Bought

As much as 'There's no free lunch' rings true for most of us, the phrase 'Experience Must Be Bought' should remind us that life is a journey filled with MANY learning curves. There's no such thing as a free lunch because every experience that you learn (what I really mean is, REALLY learn), must be bought. Slow learners, people with no enthusiasm, and especially people who are UNWILLING to pay for the experience will suffer in the end. They will continue to make the same mistake over and over...and sadly, over and over again. Every time they get whacked in the head, they pay a price. Hence at the end of the day, people who are willing to learn and pay the price for the experience pays a smaller price compared to those who refuse to learn from their own mistakes. *** *** *** Joseph sits outside on his porch wondering if the world will ever be the same again. The dimly-lit skies above tells him that today will be no different from the past week. He's a terrible businessman. He entrusted his business in the hands of people with very low moral value even when Cassandra, his girlfriend and his cousin, Brett, told him time and time again that he was making a terrible mistake. They worriedly advised him against trusting Kenneth and that there is more to Kenneth, the smooth-talking 'old school friend', than meets the eye. Joseph now knows that he was not only blinded but he was taking the easy way out. Kenneth, knowing this, manipulated the fact that Joseph would rather spend his days fishing and riding his bike than take concern over his business, told him that everything would be taken care of. Three months down, Joseph was left with nothing but a shell for a company...there was nothing much left of his construction business. What with many of his contracts signed off to people he's never even heard of. Joseph talks another swig off his beer mug. It feels better this way, he thinks. There's nothing I can do now. I have nothing left and it would be senseless to fight this. *** *** Will he squander the rest of his days away now....or is he going to buy this experience for what it is? Most of the time, we have to pay a hefty price for a well-learnt lesson and it sometimes comes as blows so hard-delivered that it slams us to the ground. It cripples us. Gives us migraines over long periods of time. Gives us heart palpitations. Wrecks relationships. And in this case, wrecked a business and potentially rip a good relationship to shredds. The question is....are we going to sit there groping our sorry asses? Or are we going to get up, pay the price and move on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe