Skip to main content

In The Dark No More

For weeks on end, the light outside of the bathroom in my condo unit was out – and for all those weeks, I would rather the kids and me trudge around blindly as we step out of the bathroom than sum up the courage to just change the light bulb. There is absolutely no problem at all with me changing a normal light bulb but this isn’t the usual one – it’s the round-ish kind – and to change it, I have to use a ladder, which I am reluctant to because I get shaky by the second-and-a-half step. So, whilst it might be like peeling off banana skin for you, it was a climb up Everest for me! Anyway, a couple of days ago, another light went off…this time, near the kitchen and where my live-in helper iron the clothes. I would look at her while she irons the clothes silently in the dark…she not daring to remind me about the very-obviously-dead light. Then the one in my study room started flickering. OK…that’s it! It’s time to do something about this. If we go on like this, all of us would be doing everything by candlelight. The first problem was a size problem – I didn’t know what kind of size but I used the hand-measurement method (you place one palm one after another to measure the size of something) and got one…for testing. My live-in help and me struggled up and down the ladder trying to figure the damn thing out. I mean, who knew that changing a damn light could be so damn hard, right? So, up and down with screwdrivers (almost went up with a hammer and a nail when we ran out of screwdriver size) until we finally figured out we don’t need any of those utensils…all we need is a finger to gently lift the damn thin foil holder to remove the damn bulb!!! Oh, the agony of finding out the time you’ve wasted. But the point is that we’ve finally figured it out – let me be pompous for a bit here and say that I FIGURED IT OUT. I tried it and worked out the magical formula of changing the round-ish light bulb thingamagik that emits light when you poke at the switch…damn it! I took a RISK and figured it out and now, the home is bright again. Brilliant, amn’t I?

Comments

Anonymous said…
so it is true... aunties do take a longer to change light.. tubes..
ahaks!
Marsha Maung said…
*whacks kok yee over the head!* Don't me swear to a lil kid....
Marsha Maung said…
I forgot to add for kok yee, don't forget I used to BABYSIT you, you ungrateful two-and-a-half-footer (you may be taller now but in my eyes, you're always the smart fart). PUa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!
Anonymous said…
aiyoyo... still the big bully lar..
peace! peace!!

btw, google says 2.5 foot = 76.2cm. Wahliew!! Auntie! You want to cheat me ah? I mou tok shu but I know how google, ok?

you can put away that rotan now...
kthxbai! xD
Marsha Maung said…
wah...lidat also wanna google. all I know is that you were a small fry then!!! pua ha ha ha ha...maybe still one?? forever one?? LOL

eh, that time you really mow-tuk-shue mah...only std 1 or 2 or something only. I tai-kar-cher, ok? don't pway-pway!

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe