Skip to main content

Friday 13th Post – Bad things happen all the time

Today is Friday the Thirteenth. Can you hear the leaves shuffling against each other as the subtle wind blows? Can you hear the whisper on the back of your neck? Can you feel the silvery touch flutter and crawl against your skin? Eh, hellow!!!! You don’t have to wait until Friday the 13th for things to happen. Bad things happen all the time! For instance, for the past eight months or so, I’ve made close contact and revealed my soul to the kind of people I disliked the most. Hate, even. Not that I hate them but I disliked their personalities…what kind? The arrogant, self-absorbed, boastful type who are so full of themselves they can’t see what’s ahead of them or don’t care. They think the world revolves around them and would constantly remind you of that. I believe in humility. This is how I like it. But honestly, bad things often happen for a reason. That’s what I believe in, I don’t know about you. Whether it’s Friday the thirteenth or Tuesday the tenth, when things happen, there’s something to be learned lor. Technically, dealing with arrogant people is not really a bad thing but it happens and it hurts when it ends or when everything turns turtle. Like my experiences with arrogant people. They’ve really taught me a lot about life. Yes, seriously. I’ve not become more arrogant but I’ve absorbed their positive energy and maybe God felt that I lacked confidence in myself and I needed to change certain things about myself that he let me cross paths with these people within such a short span of time. I learned to love myself more and also acknowledge that I have done a good job. It’s strange but I am the meanest boss in the world and too bad that I am the only staff in my business. When I do a good job, I congratulate myself and then the other part of me say, “Aiya, this is nothing lah. Even college students can do the same thing. Don’t let your head get big!” But from these people, I’ve learned that it’s OK to end the internal-conversation with the ‘congrats’. Although I don’t boast to others or gloat excessively (except when I have to do a sales pitch or sell something, that one you cannot blame me lah, rite? Cari makan, you know), I’ve balanced things out. I know I am good, period. End of story. Don’t have to feel sorry for others or feel guilty about thinking that I am good at it. But still….I don’t like people who like to blow their own trumpet too often. Just cannot tahan. (cannot stand) Three of them in total and I’ve learned to absorb their skill and attitude towards life and people. I have learned how to balance out between being forcefully tough on myself and being arrogant…and that’s called being confident. The line is a very blur, though, don’t you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe