Skip to main content

What the herwl this person wants lah?

I was in ToysRus looking for last minute Christmas for the kids, minding my own business. Boring lah, you know, Christmas shopping can be. Jared was pestering me about buying him some Pokemon, Power Ranger and something else I cannot remember liao. But I reminded him that he pre-ordered his Christmas present which was a Nintendo DS he shares with Joshua. I think that Nintendo DS already bust a budget here and there – so, I told them that they forfeit their regular Christmas present lor. Joshua was fine with that….erm, Jared is having a little bit of trouble understanding the concept of ‘forfeit’.

I was carrying this transformable robot thing with me for a nephew when a man suddenly approached me, poking at the robot box. “Where’d you get that, Miss? It looks pretty cool”. This is an elderly man who was holding a more expensive and funky looking robot toy, dark skinned, pot-bellied, moustache-y fella with glasses. At first glance, he looks like a father to a teenage boy. I pointed out where I got the robot set and tried to be helpful cause he looked a little lost.

Then he struck a conversation pulak.

“Miss, you’re a very nice person and I am from India. I work with the airlines, you see, and I don’t have that many friends here”

“Which airlines?”

“Air India. I stay at a hotel in ***” “You don’t have a residence here?”

I know a lot of airline people staying opposite my condo which is a hive for air stewards, stewardesses, pilots, cabin crews and such. This fella don’t look like a steward for sure, if yes, I will never fly Air India. And anyway, the authenticity of his claim is still in question.

“No, no, no. I come very often but every time I come, we stay a few days in hotels”….which is funny because they he comes so often, wouldn’t it be more cost-effective for the company to just rent a home here for the people?

“Hhhhmmm….oh, OK, good luck with the toy, then. For your son?”

“Yes, for my son in India”

“OK, see ya around” – standard greeting or goodbye line, right?

“Yes, why not? When can I see you around?”

???????????

“No, I mean…..yeah, like any time”

“Oh, then can I have your number?”

?????????!!!!!!!

“Give me your number”

“I don’t have a number here. I am staying in a hotel” – hhmmmm….come here often? No cell phone number?

“Your email address, then”

“Oh, I am not into all those stuff. But I can probably get my wife to iron that out for me” – wife check email from female stranger from another country? Do I really look like a Ding-Dong or what????

Jared was still harping on about the Power Ranger toy, pulling out my cell phone from my back pocket to show me how displeased he is with me. Out dropped from business cards from my pocket. I picked them up, shot Jared a killer stare and passed the Indian man a card.

“Ok, here’s my card. Bye”

Incredulous, I watched him read my card while I was trying to remember if I have stated my address in the card. Phew….takda (don’t have)!

“Can I give you a call in the morning? Say….10 o’clock?”

“Huh? What’s the rush?” – No, I really said that. As in raised eyebrows saying what’s-the-fucking-rush? Maybe he’s in the network marketing thing or something?

“How about 2pm after lunch?”

“Whatever. Look I have to go. See ya a….I mean, bye. Gotta go!”

I scurried off with my tail between my legs.

***

Next afternoon. 2pm after lunch. Phone rang and it was really this farker, you know! He started off with a nice little ‘hi’ and that how was my morning and such frivolous niceties. I entertain….waiting for him to hit lower below the belt.

He kena with….. “Can we come out for a short chat or something….say tomorrow?”

“Listen, I don’t usually go out with strangers for no reason. I am not so liberal with such things. Even my mother’s got to make appointment to see me and my kids, I don’t think I have the time for this” Farker!

“Oh, I know.It’s not like that, BABE. Don’t take it like that”

Babe???!!!!! TIU NIA MA CHOW HAI. Nobody in this world calls me BABE! My blood is really boiling this time!

For some reason, the line was cut.

Phone ring again.

“Yes?” I answer. I want to give this farker a piece of mind and turn him into chee-cheong-fun if he dares call me babe again. At the back of my mind, I was thinking, maybe I heard wrong.

“So, how about it, tomorrow afternoon. Just for a short while, babe. Very quick and it’ll be very quiet”

QUIET???? Babe again? If I were to go out with a ‘FRIEND’, I would want to make it as loud as possible! Why quiet? What’s to hide? If I were to go out with a male friend, which sometimes I do, I make sure I parade the friend all around….despite their discomfort. I don’t care if there’s nothing to hide. But quiet?????

This bloody farker is really asking for it.

“First, don’t call me babe because I met you for 5 minutes only. Two, call me only when your intentions are genuine. I am not into these things, Mister. Really. I hope to end this on a good note, but I MIGHT CONSIDER talking to you on the phone but judging from what you’re saying, you could be a raving mad lunatic prowling the streets of Chow Kit for all I know, so, I am not going out with you. Bye”

Hui-Yor….I tell you. My blood boiling until I wanna pengsan!

This should teach me (and you) something. Even toy stores are not safe….don’t let your kids go to Pasar Malam alone! There are a bunch of our citizens who came out of the wrong hole in their mother’s backside and act like they have shit for brains.

Damn ANGRY, man! Babe…….urgh! Nobody bloody calls me ‘babe’ until I ask them to or if they have a death wish!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ha HA HA HA HA HA!!! Yo, Babe!!!!
Kenny Mah said…
O there's all sorts of weirdos in the world... You just have to keep ignoring them like you did, else they'll climb all over us...
Marsha Maung said…
kenny, you're absolutely right about that, man. damn weirdo or what, rite? I mean, it's insane because I was with kids and was not dressed suggestviely or anything. this bugger just walk up to me and make suggestions. damn siow lang, man, aitellyu....
GFAD said…
Now why would he think he can pick someone up from a toy store?? If you were in a pub, that would make sense. But you are in the middle of buying presents for your sons who were with you. Talk about head not screwed right!!

I had a slightly similar experience with an Afghan/Pakistani while at a public beach with my kids.. :P
Marsha Maung said…
kat, Ya lah!!! damn strange isn't it? damn frigging weird!! it's not like we solicited their attention or anything. just going about checking out toys and stuff.

see....that's why they're weird lor. *shiver*

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe