Skip to main content

Thanking my lucky stars

Been really down in the dumps today. Thought I'd be over IT....but....it comes back to me. BUT did something that took me off negative thoughts. One, shopping. Went walking and shopping, talking and shopping and walking, and talking and shopping and talking and walking and...... ...therapeutic, man. Hours on end until my kids look like zombies. Two, listed down things I appreciate in my life. Simple things like I got damn power sound system for my PC although I dont give a shit about sound system. Also stuff like, I got 6 pieces of fishes in the freezer ready to be cooked...not a lot of people have that mah. And then I also got a piano that looks and sound like a piano and not a kiddie one. Not a lot of people have that. I also got a maid that I can use every sunday who does everything I want her to do at my whim and fancy. Very nice woman and very hard-working. A lot of people don't have that either. Downstairs, I hear my 'neighbor' scolding and today shouting at her maid. I thank my lucky stars. I also got ASTRO ON DEMAND. Aaaahhhhh......terror leh. I also got a Barbie Doll. I also got a digital camera wor.....erm...well, a lot of people have that but then again, I am still thankful, can or not? I got a lot of comfortable panties....with holes....but then I still wear them because damn comfy wor....cannot help it. I can afford anti-perspirant to keep smelly armpits away. BUT most importantly, I've got two of the most beautiful boys in the world (not counting your boys if you have boys) in the world in the world in the world!!! In the Universe! I cannot ask for more. They drive me up and down the walls and ceilings but they're still the most beautiful creations of God. They adore each other, try to tear each other apart sometimes but most of the time, they know I love them both equally. I try lah, hah. But I thank any existent higher power for bestowing on me my two beautiful babies whom I will vow to protect with my life. Wwaaahhh....lots of things to be thankful for. Time to go to sleep liao leh.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sweet dreams, nite nite!

Wow, you have many lucky stars. Mind sharing some with me? I don't want much, just give me your maid please. :P

Barbie doll? **Cough, cough**
Jamie said…
BABI doll not BARBIE doll right? kekekeeke

apart from the norm, I always am thankful that:
-there are wind in the tress
-the sun is always shining
-there will always be rain
-the waves are still rushing to meet the beach
-the birds are still singing despite the chaotic conditions
-I am not that stooopid
-my bosses are damn stooooopid
-my clients are most tooooo damn stooooopid

eeerrr...too much ramblings liao..kekekeke
Anonymous said…
Hi hi! I too find it really helpful when I sit down and count every single blessing I have, instead of allowing every single problem I have swamp over me..

Simple things like I can drive/go to wherever I want without worrying about being kidnapped or bombed; I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want, because I can afford it and it's available; my children are
boisterous and noisy because they are healthy and not lying sick or hungry on some street corner or hospital; I have family and friends who are well and free and not imprisoned for being intellectuals or injured from bombs.

Hmm.. I think this rambling warrants a blog entry, don't you think?? :D

What happened to that show on Astro on demand, The Drive of Life?? Finish redy? What happened to Bro #3 and his wife?
Anonymous said…
this is Killer Guy. Ei...you thankful you got panties that have holes? huh??

Ei...if the panty got no holes...how you gonna put your legs in and wear it?
Krista Goon said…
Hi Marsha
Hey woman. Sorry to hear about Alvin. It's never easy dealing with the loss of a friend. The hardest question is probably, Why? There's not going to be a serious answer. I had a friend who committed suicide too - he was only 14. We were all in school one day and the next day he's dead. And we didn't know why. Take care, and go slow on the white wine. And the night swimming. You don't want to catch a cold.
nyonyapenang said…
Hi Marsha,

That's a brilliant way to pull the soul together...ya...count ALL the blessings and more and before the sleepy head hit the pillow...thank GOD for the most comfy bed.

Have a nice day.

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe