Skip to main content

Cooking Diaries : Chic Wings Yo!!!

The last time we ordered delivery food was 24th July. Quite a feat, actually. 😊 And we are feeling a little proud of ourselves. Not only are we saving money, Jad is learning some new cooking tricks and tips.

His interest in cutting things up is slightly scary. At the store the other day, we were trying to buy a knife sharpener (because I was struggling so much with cutting meat. My knife was so blunt, I had trouble with onion, man). It was necessary because I bled so much from a cut to my pinky. Gives us a new understanding to 'blood in the water'.

I am OK.  Scary. But it was a surface level injury due to over-excerssion and impatience. NEVER do that, people. 

Rushing people into making Michelin Star dishes in front of CROWDS is not a good idea. That's not cooking. That's just stress + danger. 

But anyway, I am not a Producer of shows. 

Best Air-Fried Chicken Wings for me 😍
Basic marinade were garlic powder, onion powder, coriander powder, fennel powder, paprika, and pepper. Mix in liquid marinade which are soy sauce, oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and oil.

Dry off the wings. Toss in marinade. Massage. Refrigerate for 20mins to 24 hours.

Parchment sheets are not required but there's gonna be a lot of scrubbing at the end of cooking. I hate scrubbing when I don't use them. So, I obediently used the parchment papers which were generously oiled up. 

I cooked the meaty parts for 20 mins at 180dg; turned to the other side foe 25 mins at 200dg.

For the more Boney wing parts, it was for a shorter time, like 15 mins on each side.

At the end of the day, good dinner. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At Camp 5, 1 Utama: Kids' Rescue Mission

The kids had a wonderfully exciting day today. Now, this is as extreme as this mother is going to get. Mommy goes Paintball, kids go mountain-climbing...I think I've fulfilled the criteria of offering my kids a fun and exciting life as a kid. :-) It was one of their friends' birthday party and they're a little bored of KidzSports...that's for BABIES, anyway, they say. So, off to Camp 5 then, says the birthday boy's mother. Camp 5 in 1 Utama is located near Neways Karaoke, for those who have never been there before. It's a neat little corner tucked up on the roof of the massive shopping complex. Anyway, the kids had tons of fun although a little apprhensive when they saw how high the 'rock' was. It's actually quite neat and if I didn't feel like throwing up whenever up on higher grounds, I would have wanted to try it as well. The highlight of this party came in the form of a rescue mission. As we all know, when one is frighte...

A Liberating Activity - Guess What Mine Is....

When asked what’s my one single favorite thing to do in the world, I would usually name a whole list of things that I love to do when my work is not screaming at me. Something that takes my mind COMPLETELY off of everyday tasks and relaxes me. Take a guess what it is…. If you say ‘ reading ’, yes, I love reading (especially soppy love stories with lots of sex scenes, please. Hee hee hee ….) and I also love mystery novels but it’s not the first on the list. If you say ‘ playing the piano ’; yes, I love playing the piano. Creating forms a huge part of my life and whenever I play the piano (as inept at it as I am), there’s this tiny little girl inside of me jumping up and down with glee, clapping her hands. It’s my childhood dream to be able to play the piano! And thumping on the keys gives me a sense of satisfaction when I hear the music. If you say ‘ writing ’; You’ve got to be kidding me! You mean I don’t write enough as it is? Case closed. If you say ‘ playing with my kids ’; Yea...

When will Mariah stop flashing her boobs????

Mariah used to be my favourite singer of all time because she's got this amazing gift in the form of a voice that can go ANYWHERE but why oh why is she so obssessed with flashing those enormous peaks of hers everywhere...and why is it that all her songs contain sexual innuendos....touch my body is one of them. I mean, I love the song, I love the tune, I love the beat but PLEASE , Mariah, PLEASE .....why can't you be decent for once? I clicked to watch because I like the song and spent a couple of minutes crossing my fingers that she won't be flashing anything (FAT CHANCE!) in the video. But nope....no such luck. In fact, with a song like that, she goes even further over the top. Where got people answer the door in this type of clothing wan?? Is she for real??? I mean, in this video, she calls a technician up to fix her computer and she answers the foor LIKE THAT ??? Aish.... But the video was entertaining in a sense because the lam-chue-kok (male lead) is this geeky,...