Skip to main content

F*$C&5 - EMCO in Capitals of Malaysia

Empty streets all around PJ and KL day and night

I don't really know how to feel about this. 

I've said this to my family members before: if asked if I thought putting the whole of Selangor (and KL) under an Enhanced Movement Control Order is a wise thing to do, I wouldn't know how to answer. If asked whether this was the right and only move we can make RIGHT NOW, I don't have the answer either. In fact, my son pointed out that if I were one of the decision-makers, the outcome would probably be the same. 

All I know is this - as someone who has been following the strict SOPs and done everything within my capacity to ensure adherence to the law, I feel...bitter. 

I am very sure I am not the only one. 


There's nothing more we can do about this because the ball was never really in our court in the first place. 

Now, with this new lockdown, getting essentials is more of a problem than before. Those who are NOT tasked with both running the household and working at the same time like me will not understand the kind of difficulty we are facing. It's friggin' awful. 

I've been doing this for more than 20 years, being the only adult in the family (when my kids were young), the only person who can drive, fix everything in the house, with all emergency contacts, the task to keep everything under control, make the daily runs, knows how to cook, and check on the all the inventory in the household...it is taxing. 

We need a little bit of flexibility although I know the flexibility will be abused by people who don't need it. 

It's not that it cannot be done but it makes things doubly hard for us. I am wondering if there is a way we can make small exceptions and not be slapped with a fine for trying to make both our personal and professional lives work more harmoniously. 

Two weeks. That's what we're looking at at the moment but there is no doubt in my mind that we, the country, will not be able to tackle the spiraling numbers within the given time. It's not enough time to bring the daily numbers down from nearly 7,000 new cases to acceptable levels. We're probably looking at months of this strict lockdown and I am worried about the kind of suffering we're all going through.

Recently, the White Flag Movement swept through the country, especially in some parts of Malaysia. It encouraged people who really needed help to fly a white flag outside their homes to alert humanitarians if they need help. It is encouraging and definitely warms the heart. 

There are still caring humans around us. 

In the coming months, I foresee a lot more anxious, stressed out, overworked, worried, depressed people. 

I don't know how to make things work anymore, honestly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Liberating Activity - Guess What Mine Is....

When asked what’s my one single favorite thing to do in the world, I would usually name a whole list of things that I love to do when my work is not screaming at me. Something that takes my mind COMPLETELY off of everyday tasks and relaxes me. Take a guess what it is…. If you say ‘ reading ’, yes, I love reading (especially soppy love stories with lots of sex scenes, please. Hee hee hee ….) and I also love mystery novels but it’s not the first on the list. If you say ‘ playing the piano ’; yes, I love playing the piano. Creating forms a huge part of my life and whenever I play the piano (as inept at it as I am), there’s this tiny little girl inside of me jumping up and down with glee, clapping her hands. It’s my childhood dream to be able to play the piano! And thumping on the keys gives me a sense of satisfaction when I hear the music. If you say ‘ writing ’; You’ve got to be kidding me! You mean I don’t write enough as it is? Case closed. If you say ‘ playing with my kids ’; Yea...

At Camp 5, 1 Utama: Kids' Rescue Mission

The kids had a wonderfully exciting day today. Now, this is as extreme as this mother is going to get. Mommy goes Paintball, kids go mountain-climbing...I think I've fulfilled the criteria of offering my kids a fun and exciting life as a kid. :-) It was one of their friends' birthday party and they're a little bored of KidzSports...that's for BABIES, anyway, they say. So, off to Camp 5 then, says the birthday boy's mother. Camp 5 in 1 Utama is located near Neways Karaoke, for those who have never been there before. It's a neat little corner tucked up on the roof of the massive shopping complex. Anyway, the kids had tons of fun although a little apprhensive when they saw how high the 'rock' was. It's actually quite neat and if I didn't feel like throwing up whenever up on higher grounds, I would have wanted to try it as well. The highlight of this party came in the form of a rescue mission. As we all know, when one is frighte...

When will Mariah stop flashing her boobs????

Mariah used to be my favourite singer of all time because she's got this amazing gift in the form of a voice that can go ANYWHERE but why oh why is she so obssessed with flashing those enormous peaks of hers everywhere...and why is it that all her songs contain sexual innuendos....touch my body is one of them. I mean, I love the song, I love the tune, I love the beat but PLEASE , Mariah, PLEASE .....why can't you be decent for once? I clicked to watch because I like the song and spent a couple of minutes crossing my fingers that she won't be flashing anything (FAT CHANCE!) in the video. But nope....no such luck. In fact, with a song like that, she goes even further over the top. Where got people answer the door in this type of clothing wan?? Is she for real??? I mean, in this video, she calls a technician up to fix her computer and she answers the foor LIKE THAT ??? Aish.... But the video was entertaining in a sense because the lam-chue-kok (male lead) is this geeky,...