Skip to main content

Update: Apr 13, 2020

I've been through some really tough times these past few years. It's not a sad story because I think I came out of it alive and even more motivated.

Things I've learned.

  • I've realized that some people are just born shitty
  • Not everyone's going to like me, no matter what I do. It's futile to try, so, I've stopped doing that
  • Time is really short
  • Goals is one thing, achievement is another
  • Shitty people are everywhere, you'll meet them. I did and the only fightback I have is to get up again and stand tall
  • Everyone has a story
  • If not now, when?
  • If I don't try it, I'll never know
  • There's a lesson in everything - good and bad alike
  • Slow and steady is better than fast
  • I have the best family I can ever ask for, considering my personality - LOL
  • I can't hang onto the past. I have a tendency to do that
  • Choosing to be home or work from home is one thing. Being forced to and threatened with prison time to not step out of your house is quite another story
  • It's OK
  • I believe in Karma but I think Karma may have something against me - LOL
Anyway, here's a round-up of some of the stuff that has been going on in my life, Movement Control Order and all. 

Young people who believe they know everything are arrogant

I had this team member who was all but a new graduate. She just learned what UTM stands for (this is a web term which stands for Urchin Tracking Module) and when someone in the sales team asked her what it was, she scoffed and asked me, 'How am I supposed to connect with someone who doesn't even know what UTM means?' *eyeroll*

I was a little befuddled. 

Kiddo, that's why people ask questions. Because they don't know. At least they have the courage to ask you about it instead of hitting Wikipedia just so that they can pretend they know exactly what it is. 

Fun Read: When you tell people you're from Malaysia

I've worked with people from all over the world - the United States (for the longest time), the United Kingdom, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Germany Poland, and the likes. 

An American once commented that he liked it that I was scrappy and I was like 'What did you just say to me?' To this very day, I don't know what he meant but I'll take it as a compliment. 

Another Australian asked me what my Native Language was after five-minutes into the conversation and he commented that I didn't sound Malaysian. His rationale was that most Malaysian has a Malaysian accent and mine was a twist between British and American and something-else

During a conversation with an Indian nationale who is Switzerland also commented that I had a British accent. 

I...don't...think...so. My kids and I have all been accused of having an accent just for speaking in complete sentences. I guess that's what the world thinks of us and I don't really care anymore. 



Image via Eunice Tang

Lockdown Low

I am the kind of person who can sit around in a cafe ALONE watching others go about their business and come up with ideas to write about. With nothing but the cracking walls in the apartment to watch (there's only so much Netflix and Kdrama one can tolerate), I've been a roller-coaster of ups and slumps. 


But we're surviving. The sleep schedule is screwed but hey, I can work any time, anywhere...and isn't that the ultimate dream for a mid-life crisiser? #LOL

Medium Partnerships and Collaborations

To be fair, I am still trying to figure this one out. Blogger is one thing, Wordpress is a money-sucker, but Medium is a whole new ballgame. 

I recently joined (not only as a paying reader) but also as a contributor to several publications started by others. So, there I sit and wonder, 'Can I start a publication of my own? What on earth would I write about? Who is going to read?'

The cruel joke is SO WHAT if they read? 

But I am still trying this out and see where this takes me. Even when this notification pops up, I don't know exactly what it is supposed to mean. 

I think they're going to feature the article somewhere but...where do I find this publication'Global Medical, Economic Crisis' publication? And when is it going to be published? 

Crickets. 

Apparently, this article has been selected for something, I'll find out soon enough. Working with Remote Workers Efficiently in a Global Medical, Economic Crisis

Anyway, I am just trying this out to see how Medium is working its way around the Content Marketing industry. I've joined the Medium Partnership program but as far as I know, Malaysia's not even in their radar. 

If they approached Bank Negara Malaysia, the BNM people would like 'Apatu dia cakap ni Medium yang itu kena ban sebab SawarakReport!?!?!'

Working from Home Giving you Health Problems? 

And by the way, I kind of liked this article This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Work From Home

Neck, shoulders, hips, eyes, leg cramps, carpal tunnel syndrome, back aches...everything hurts. 

I think it has some great advice which you can't really carry out when you're stuck in an office. For instance, giving yourself 15-minute break to make delicious blueberries-green tea and listen to some jazz jam. 

I am not even going to Grammaly this blog post so, if you find grammatical or spelling mistake, please pretend I did it on purpose. 

Thank you. 
XD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe