Skip to main content

Update: Strangers, Friends and Life

I try to be nice as much as I can with strangers but sometimes, the world does not roll things out the way you want them to.

Strangers can sometimes be the biggest asses. 'But still, try to be nice', says the nice Angel sitting on my right shoulder. 'Bitch back', scolds the evil Devil perched on my left.

What we do to others is our business. What they do to us is theirs.


We must realize how ridiculous all this worrying is. Being entirely dependent on others to experience self-worth is not healthy. There’s no point in being a people pleaser - 10 Brutal Truths about Life (Ideapod)
I've stopped being dependent on what others think of what I do, not because I have become a decrepit, old geezer (woman-version, of course), sitting on my rocking chair being jaded and bitter about life experiences, nor have I become an anti-social hermit hiding from the world. I will have to put the boots on the ground to get things done around here.

I've sat down with myself wondering where my old, carefree, 20-year-old something self has gone, sure. But I've never really categorized myself as someone who was tired of life.

I am tired of vacuuming, not life.

Even as I navigate the morning rush with a quick trip to the restaurant to tapau (takeaway) breakfast before dashing home to manage the bookends of everyday life extremes, mean folks are lurking around in unsuspecting corners.

As much control as we think we have over our daily platter of surprises, our finger isn't actually hovering over the button. We wake up to see what's already done, what needs to be done, what we can do and get our asses moving in the general direction of our life goals. The control is in setting the navigation going, and not on the variables.

The variables, therefore, lies in the possible mistakes and fumbles. Everyday is a chance to make mistakes so that we can be closer to our successes.


It's about keeping your eyes on the ball and open to every granted moment. You remember the shadows of the past without it holding you back, and appreciate every single breath.
At one time or another, we’ve all been guilty of caring too much about what other people might think. We hesitate to be innovative, creative, or to speak up because no one wants to be told that his ideas suck, or her plan was just a big mistake - How to Stop Caring About What Other People Think (Time)
But if there's one thing that's changed me recently, I would say death did. I used to fear death because it is like the Voldemort of Real Life. It's like...OUT...THERE...WAITING TO GET YOU.

I've stopped looking at it that way. Death is actually an extra limb. It is already there when you were born. There's really no reason to fear death because it is going to get you whether you like it or not, so, why do we get our knickers in a knot over the when and why? There is none.

In a strange way, I've come a full circle to be a little bit more like my old carefree self. A little LESS reckless, maybe. Getting hammered and sauntering into the house at 5 am in the morning is unbecoming of someone my...ahem...age. 😂😅 Not that I'm old, of course.

Every moment I get to be here is precious to me now.


Have an amazing weekend and grab every single second of your life by the neck and choke the goodness out of it! Don't let it tell you 'No' because....f--- you, time is fleeting, damn it, so, cough it up! 😝

LOL,
Marsha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe