Skip to main content

The Blank Canvas : Kuvshinov Ilya (Drawing)

I have deep admiration, like from the tip of toes nails to the tip of every strand of my hair, for people who draw. They're like people who write, except being visual.

As I've learned, people who draw would often start with a blank canvas and a vague story in their heads. A vision. A mirage. A lot like writing.

I can imagine but I can't draw to save my life. I tried, Good Lord, I tried and the Lord spoke to me when I was 8 and asked me to just....stop. #lol

But it didn't stop me from writing and devouring books. You can't stop Imagination and a part of my mind was (it still does this cloud-flying thing, though) always living in the clouds, creating up things that vaguely resemble what I've just recently read in a book or seen on TV where I put my own spin to it. Back then, believe it or not, it more often than not involved a knight in shining armor.

I fly less blind and with more wisdom now, I would like to think.

Imagination is an extremely powerful thing, as it turns out. It's chaotic and makes very little sense when it is not complete.

It's also random as hell and sounds a lot like something a 3-year-old will spew when you ask him/her what his/her political inclination is. 'It's like birds eating peanuts in a McDonalds and a Mr. Jackall climbs over the wall and...bjhsajuiywe jgwqeuyhkjwqet nut7&$#(LOBdwkenosdgobn...and he cartwheels. Yeah. Now can I have fries?'

That's what Imagination sounds like in the head most of the time.

I saw this drawing process on Patreon and the video (fast-forwaded) took approximately 45 minutes to watch. Of all the drawings, I like this one the best! The piercing eyes, the short tussled hair, the jutting of her shoulder and subtle lens glare she gave the drawing. Super awesome.


The link and video is here if you want to support people who pour in hours of their time to come up with something creative. It may help you. 




Happy Saturday, folks!
Have an amazing weekend,
Love,
Marsha

p.s. For the record, I don't know her, she's not related to me, I have no idea where she lives, she doesn't pay me, I don't pay her, this is not an ad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Liberating Activity - Guess What Mine Is....

When asked what’s my one single favorite thing to do in the world, I would usually name a whole list of things that I love to do when my work is not screaming at me. Something that takes my mind COMPLETELY off of everyday tasks and relaxes me. Take a guess what it is…. If you say ‘ reading ’, yes, I love reading (especially soppy love stories with lots of sex scenes, please. Hee hee hee ….) and I also love mystery novels but it’s not the first on the list. If you say ‘ playing the piano ’; yes, I love playing the piano. Creating forms a huge part of my life and whenever I play the piano (as inept at it as I am), there’s this tiny little girl inside of me jumping up and down with glee, clapping her hands. It’s my childhood dream to be able to play the piano! And thumping on the keys gives me a sense of satisfaction when I hear the music. If you say ‘ writing ’; You’ve got to be kidding me! You mean I don’t write enough as it is? Case closed. If you say ‘ playing with my kids ’; Yea...

At Camp 5, 1 Utama: Kids' Rescue Mission

The kids had a wonderfully exciting day today. Now, this is as extreme as this mother is going to get. Mommy goes Paintball, kids go mountain-climbing...I think I've fulfilled the criteria of offering my kids a fun and exciting life as a kid. :-) It was one of their friends' birthday party and they're a little bored of KidzSports...that's for BABIES, anyway, they say. So, off to Camp 5 then, says the birthday boy's mother. Camp 5 in 1 Utama is located near Neways Karaoke, for those who have never been there before. It's a neat little corner tucked up on the roof of the massive shopping complex. Anyway, the kids had tons of fun although a little apprhensive when they saw how high the 'rock' was. It's actually quite neat and if I didn't feel like throwing up whenever up on higher grounds, I would have wanted to try it as well. The highlight of this party came in the form of a rescue mission. As we all know, when one is frighte...

When will Mariah stop flashing her boobs????

Mariah used to be my favourite singer of all time because she's got this amazing gift in the form of a voice that can go ANYWHERE but why oh why is she so obssessed with flashing those enormous peaks of hers everywhere...and why is it that all her songs contain sexual innuendos....touch my body is one of them. I mean, I love the song, I love the tune, I love the beat but PLEASE , Mariah, PLEASE .....why can't you be decent for once? I clicked to watch because I like the song and spent a couple of minutes crossing my fingers that she won't be flashing anything (FAT CHANCE!) in the video. But nope....no such luck. In fact, with a song like that, she goes even further over the top. Where got people answer the door in this type of clothing wan?? Is she for real??? I mean, in this video, she calls a technician up to fix her computer and she answers the foor LIKE THAT ??? Aish.... But the video was entertaining in a sense because the lam-chue-kok (male lead) is this geeky,...