Skip to main content

The Happy Security Guard

We all know what the ideal job is - the network marketer. =P The ones who works hard for like a year and then earn passive income. They travel the world, eat oysters and fresh lobsters. They have fine wine in the middle of the day knowing that dinner will be ready, table will be set and when they need to connect with their friends in another part of the world, the private jet is waiting.

But how is it, then, do I have the happiest security guard I have ever seen?

A security guard. This means, not much walking around, sitting there under the hot sun, screening visitors, inviting glares of 'how-dare-you's', 'do-I-look-like-a-thief-to-you' and the occasional 'you've-seen-me-before-you-DUMBASS'.

What the f does he have to smile all day? Is that a smirk?

But no, he's not smirking and I don't smell alcohol from him either and I don't know what will happen if he's doing drugs oooommmgggggg, he smiles for no apparent reason. And I think that's a friggin' brilliant mind-set! I mean, if he hates his job, he's not showing it. What he displays is gratitude that he still has this stupid job as a security guard and I hope he is sending money home to his family, wherever he came from.

People tell you all the time - be positive. You're lucky. Be patient and grateful. There are lots of people who would love to have your 'problems'. It's all in the mind.

We hear them but we hardly see it. What we see (especially on Twitter and Facebook) are what we perceive to be 'fake happiness' (read: jealously-inducing happiness) and ohgodthenewsonTwitter (read: billions of USD and Donald Trump). That's why I love sharing pictures of puppies, babies and cats. They are happy for no apparent reason, sometimes. Isn't that a brilliant way of life? Let's stay babies forever.

But every time I see my security guard and his positive disposition, I have stopped asking myself 'why' because why not?!

Or maybe just have an ice-cream instead.



XOXO,
Marsha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Liberating Activity - Guess What Mine Is....

When asked what’s my one single favorite thing to do in the world, I would usually name a whole list of things that I love to do when my work is not screaming at me. Something that takes my mind COMPLETELY off of everyday tasks and relaxes me. Take a guess what it is…. If you say ‘ reading ’, yes, I love reading (especially soppy love stories with lots of sex scenes, please. Hee hee hee ….) and I also love mystery novels but it’s not the first on the list. If you say ‘ playing the piano ’; yes, I love playing the piano. Creating forms a huge part of my life and whenever I play the piano (as inept at it as I am), there’s this tiny little girl inside of me jumping up and down with glee, clapping her hands. It’s my childhood dream to be able to play the piano! And thumping on the keys gives me a sense of satisfaction when I hear the music. If you say ‘ writing ’; You’ve got to be kidding me! You mean I don’t write enough as it is? Case closed. If you say ‘ playing with my kids ’; Yea...

At Camp 5, 1 Utama: Kids' Rescue Mission

The kids had a wonderfully exciting day today. Now, this is as extreme as this mother is going to get. Mommy goes Paintball, kids go mountain-climbing...I think I've fulfilled the criteria of offering my kids a fun and exciting life as a kid. :-) It was one of their friends' birthday party and they're a little bored of KidzSports...that's for BABIES, anyway, they say. So, off to Camp 5 then, says the birthday boy's mother. Camp 5 in 1 Utama is located near Neways Karaoke, for those who have never been there before. It's a neat little corner tucked up on the roof of the massive shopping complex. Anyway, the kids had tons of fun although a little apprhensive when they saw how high the 'rock' was. It's actually quite neat and if I didn't feel like throwing up whenever up on higher grounds, I would have wanted to try it as well. The highlight of this party came in the form of a rescue mission. As we all know, when one is frighte...

When will Mariah stop flashing her boobs????

Mariah used to be my favourite singer of all time because she's got this amazing gift in the form of a voice that can go ANYWHERE but why oh why is she so obssessed with flashing those enormous peaks of hers everywhere...and why is it that all her songs contain sexual innuendos....touch my body is one of them. I mean, I love the song, I love the tune, I love the beat but PLEASE , Mariah, PLEASE .....why can't you be decent for once? I clicked to watch because I like the song and spent a couple of minutes crossing my fingers that she won't be flashing anything (FAT CHANCE!) in the video. But nope....no such luck. In fact, with a song like that, she goes even further over the top. Where got people answer the door in this type of clothing wan?? Is she for real??? I mean, in this video, she calls a technician up to fix her computer and she answers the foor LIKE THAT ??? Aish.... But the video was entertaining in a sense because the lam-chue-kok (male lead) is this geeky,...