Chinese New Year is around the corner and while the little ones are anticipating new found riches, the adults are....well, not so much. lol. Those darn red packets. For those who do not know what the red packets are for and why it is fear-inducing, Google 'ang pow' or 'lai see' or just 'red envelope'.
I have to say that one of things that I really dislike about Chinese New Year is NOT the ang pow but the repeatedly-played Chinese New Year songs when you are in a mall. Gawdddddd....can there be less cymbals and less of that annoying instrument, please? I love Christmas songs, though. Chinese New Year is a lot of things to a lot of people. To some, it is welcoming of the new year. To others, it's time to try kissing up to Lady Luck at the Poker table.
To the younger ones, it's just party time!!!
And here's what I noticed about young party-goers and older party-goers.
THE YOUNG 'UNS
1. Must. Get. Thrashed. Or it didn't happen
2. Girls dance like they are up to something. Boys hunting down hookups. You end up kissing people you don't know...or people you work with...or your boss. Good lawrd.
3. Dress little. Period. Men....cologne
4. Broke up with someone. Cry cry and cry
5. Did we hook up? If yes, whyyyyyy?!
6. Throws credit card to the counter and let bill roll. Die at the end of the month
7. Party almost everyday every night until you find a boyfriend or girlfriend.
8. Drink? Challenge accepted. The deadlier the better.
THE OLD 'UNS
1. This is too loud.
2. I'm sleepy.
3. It's cheap? Does it get you drunk? Oh, goody.
4. I ain't moving my ass unless it is to get another drink.
5. Bed. Where bed?
Happy Chinese New Year to all family and friends and here's to more health, wealth, love, prosperity, many more friends, great times and wonderful memories to you and your family in this coming year of the Monkey!