Skip to main content

Fanatical Runners' Gonna Kill Me

Going into Facebook is making me sick. Imma gonna puke. There is this running event called the Brooks Run or some funk which took place this morning and there is like this whole SERVERFUL of photos appearing there.

Make no mistake about it, I have nothing against running. It's healthy and I agree with my sister's stand, that she makes friends and it is fun. Go ahead. It's great that she is having fun and making friends.

I got a nice little surprise this morning, read SURPRISE, that a local celebrity that I follow on Twitter posted a tweet and a photo of her surviving and completing the 21KM run this morning. Once again, read...SURPRISE...and why? Because she was never obsessive about running. Yeah, she tweeted some about gyming, swimming and going into some health club or something over the time when I was following her but she wasn't like insane about it to a point of it becoming a friggin' RELIGION!

So, that was a nice surprise. And I like things like that.

The problem is that not everyone's into it and Facebook is the worst place for people who are not into running or people who do not obsess over it. After an event, these fanatics would start posting and tagging each other and your whole Facebook RSS feed is trying to annoy you to death. And these people don't say anything on Facebook unless it was about...jeng jeng jeng....RUNNING. Almost, ALMOST all statuses are related to running. There is nothing else that is going on in their lives except running. They run in their sleep, run when having ***, run when eating, run when fetching their kids back from school, run to work, run back home, run to the top of the mountain, run in the shower..you know, something like that. Haha

And you know what is worse? If there is no LOCAL event, they will CREATE AN EFFING EVENT or they will FLY to a foreign place for the run and then ANNOY YOU TO BITS with the fact that they chased after the event like it was where a deity was at and that they kissed the friggin' deity's feet!

Oh geez....it's obvious I have been harboring this for a long time, huh? I have.

I hate repetition (which is predominantly controlled by my creative side) which explains my hatred for laundry, sweeping the floor, mopping and it also reflects my love for cooking. Cooking is never the same, never. It can never be EXACTLY the same unless you're talking about using a very precise machine or measuring tool. Which also explains why I don't bake. With baking, everything has to be precise and I am horrible at all that measuring that has to be done.

If I had it my way and didn't care about people who were not into the things I was into, you know what you would see in my Facebook feed and this blog?
  1. Shinhwa Korean boy band (seriously, I watch a video of them before I sleep)
  2. Malaysian politics and the lack of justice here
  3. Cute actors
  4. My kids
  5. Series review
  6. Music
Last but not least

8. YOGA!!

Look at the header of this blog, it tells you very clearly that I am a Yoga person BUT DO I FACEBOOK IT EVERY SINGLE EFFING DAY like I was an ambassador for it or that I am a guru at Yoga or trying to be an expert in it?

NO. Because I am not. It makes me happy but if someone wanted to know about Yoga or learn something about it, great, ask. I can share some stuff.

Gosh, I am not gonna log into Facebook today. Let the fanatics kill themselves with the photo uploads and tagging first.

I am sorry if I have offended you and once again reiterate the fact that I have nothing against running and runners. I just wish some people would stop preaching it down other people's throat like endlessly. Once in a while, fine. But man, they are relentless! However, this is a free world so, please feel free to disagree with me. You have that right, at the end of the day, and I have mine.

Please enjoy the sensation of completing the race successfully. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe