Skip to main content

Don't Shove It Into My Face

Just came home from Awards and Graduation night for kids' school. Wow. Bushed. Trying not to die on this chair. Anyway, I want to muse on something before I sleep.

You know when the kids are performing and all the parents rush to the front of the stage, trying to take a picture of their kids. I always suck at that not because of anything, but it sucks that my kids are BOYS (boys always are placed at the back of the group and they are tall boys. Hence, I always have trouble trying to find a window amongst those human beings to take a picture of my kids. And of course, being shy, they too try to blend in with the backdrop which makes taking a picture of them even HARDER.

I was surprised that my son got an award for having the 3rd highest average score for the year. Cool. Yes, I am proud as hell about that but trying not to go overboard.

And one more thing (please don't take this negatively), I managed to dodge a mother who was suspiciously trying to convert me into her religion. I have been of the same religion as her before and I have decided that I will not follow that faith. Therefore, my radar for people who try (too hard) to lull me in is very sensitive. I know all the different directions and approaches they try. They are like salesmen or direct marketing people - you just feel it in your guts.

For me, she was asking me to take a photo of her kid for her because she does not have a camera and then she wants my number so that I can pass the photo to her. I was like 'OK, cool. I can do that'. But then I saw that the school already hired a pro to take all the pictures for the parents. For heaven's sake, the photog was right smack in the middle of the action and I have a sucky camera. And besides, I took a peek and she has a not-bad phone which I AM SURE comes with a good camera too.

And then the funny thing is that when I asked her what her kid was wearing tonight, she stammered a little, not really knowing the response. Like WTF is this?! You don't know? OK, fine. Maybe she really doesn't know. But then she kept encouraging me to snap a photo and telling me that I had to give her my number. Signals going off here and there.

The final clincher was when she talked about certain religious speakers who can raise the dead in Korea, and her eyes were like shining like a bloody torchlight! (We were talking about Korea because I was sitting beside a South Korean lady)

That's it. I KNEW she was trying to push it down my throat.

I mean, I've got no problems with other people having different faiths but I hate it SO VERY BLOODY MUCH when they try to push it my way without me asking about it. It's like a lottery ticket seller who refuses to budge. Or the salesman who does not know the difference between the words 'no, thanks' and 'yes, please'.

Anyway, I managed to escape it and will be more mindful about this woman the next time we ever meet up again. I don't know, maybe it's me. I am pretty transparent as a person so, I don't do the niceties very well. I also have very low EQ which means I am capable of terrible outbursts and confrontations.

As you can see...it is better off that I avoid this woman.

=)
Much love,
Tomorrow is TGIF,
Marsha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe