Skip to main content

Twitter Killed My Blog

When I look at my blog and previous blogs, I suddenly realize that I used to be so much funnier and more regular with my postings so, I sit down wondering what the problem was.

The problem is Twitter....and Facebook.

If you are a blogger, you will also be familiar with a problem we call laziness. Sometimes, we just have nothing fancy or funny to say so, instead of making ourselves sound really silly, we decide to say nothing. And one day of saying nothing could easily lead to ten days of saying nothing. Then a month. Then before you know it, you've stopped blogging.

I've never had this problem before because I write a lot, anyway, but I do occasionally have a problem with trying to find something positive, fun and exciting to say. But I say it anyway.

These days, I find it all the more difficult because if I had something to say but am too lazy to think of a nice way of saying it, I Tweet it. or I update my Facebook status. There, I have a limit to ensure that I don't continue rambling like I am now.

With Twitter, especially. =) 140 characters is all you have. Oh joy! Now let's screw some spelling up! I have a problem with that....screwing the spelling up. It's just the writer in me protesting 'WRONG SPELLING, WRONG SPELLING, WRONG SPELLING'.

Suffice to say, I will now deduce that Twitter killed my Blogging activities. If you are not already following me on Twitter, what the heck, follow me. I have more to say there than I have here, anyway. =) Cheerios! It's FLYday, babes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At Camp 5, 1 Utama: Kids' Rescue Mission

The kids had a wonderfully exciting day today. Now, this is as extreme as this mother is going to get. Mommy goes Paintball, kids go mountain-climbing...I think I've fulfilled the criteria of offering my kids a fun and exciting life as a kid. :-) It was one of their friends' birthday party and they're a little bored of KidzSports...that's for BABIES, anyway, they say. So, off to Camp 5 then, says the birthday boy's mother. Camp 5 in 1 Utama is located near Neways Karaoke, for those who have never been there before. It's a neat little corner tucked up on the roof of the massive shopping complex. Anyway, the kids had tons of fun although a little apprhensive when they saw how high the 'rock' was. It's actually quite neat and if I didn't feel like throwing up whenever up on higher grounds, I would have wanted to try it as well. The highlight of this party came in the form of a rescue mission. As we all know, when one is frighte...

A Liberating Activity - Guess What Mine Is....

When asked what’s my one single favorite thing to do in the world, I would usually name a whole list of things that I love to do when my work is not screaming at me. Something that takes my mind COMPLETELY off of everyday tasks and relaxes me. Take a guess what it is…. If you say ‘ reading ’, yes, I love reading (especially soppy love stories with lots of sex scenes, please. Hee hee hee ….) and I also love mystery novels but it’s not the first on the list. If you say ‘ playing the piano ’; yes, I love playing the piano. Creating forms a huge part of my life and whenever I play the piano (as inept at it as I am), there’s this tiny little girl inside of me jumping up and down with glee, clapping her hands. It’s my childhood dream to be able to play the piano! And thumping on the keys gives me a sense of satisfaction when I hear the music. If you say ‘ writing ’; You’ve got to be kidding me! You mean I don’t write enough as it is? Case closed. If you say ‘ playing with my kids ’; Yea...

When will Mariah stop flashing her boobs????

Mariah used to be my favourite singer of all time because she's got this amazing gift in the form of a voice that can go ANYWHERE but why oh why is she so obssessed with flashing those enormous peaks of hers everywhere...and why is it that all her songs contain sexual innuendos....touch my body is one of them. I mean, I love the song, I love the tune, I love the beat but PLEASE , Mariah, PLEASE .....why can't you be decent for once? I clicked to watch because I like the song and spent a couple of minutes crossing my fingers that she won't be flashing anything (FAT CHANCE!) in the video. But nope....no such luck. In fact, with a song like that, she goes even further over the top. Where got people answer the door in this type of clothing wan?? Is she for real??? I mean, in this video, she calls a technician up to fix her computer and she answers the foor LIKE THAT ??? Aish.... But the video was entertaining in a sense because the lam-chue-kok (male lead) is this geeky,...