Skip to main content

Why Women Say NOTHING


I don't know precisely when we learned to do this but this NOTHING syndrome is really peculiar. We, women, were....sorta born with it.

Anyway, the NOTHING word's been tagged on women for far too long and I feel that there is a need to explain. In a relationship, more often than not, women say NOTHING when asked if there was something wrong, they just want a little mollycoddling...coaxing, you know? We were kinda raised to expect that. Hey, ask a dad! Why does he coax his daughter and not his sons, huh?! See? Girls were not only born to like coaxing, they were trained. It is a bloody profession.

And if you knew how to do it, it is so simple to coax a woman, you will cry in disbelief at your own stupidity. A chocolate bar will do. One stupid flower will do. Heck, telling her that she looks exceptionally beautiful despite the zit on her forehead will do. It is so simple but why is it so hard? If you can afford it, please feel free to organize a half-hour fireworks complete with a banner printed with the words 'I love you, whateveryournameis forever' pulled loudly and romantically across the sky by a helicopter for her and the whole world to see.

THAT is all we are asking for, is that too much to ask?

Men, if you don't know how to do this right, try watching PRETTY WOMAN, JERRY MCGUIRE and also maybe a little bit of GHOST, DIRTY DANCING, NOTTING HILL, SERENDIPITY...the likes. Oh, ride the limo like a horse, a bunch of roses in hand...loudly asking Pretty Woman to marry him...sigh....

Oh. Where was I? Right.

On another note, if we have a problem with something that the men's done and we are feeling unhappy about it, we don't want things to blow out of proportion. Don't understand? Let's try this for size.

If we didn't like the fact that you were late, we say NOTHING because telling the truth would result in 'all you care about is you. This job is important to me, my boss is breathing down my neck and here you are, angry about something so trivial?' So, we say NOTHING.

If we told you the truth, it would open the floodgates to a whole barrage of accusations. If we hate your cologne, would it be alright for us to say it like it is? 'Your cologne stinks. Change it.' Ouch. So, we say NOTHING.

If we didn't like the way you laughed like a hyena (but loved all other traits about you), would it be alright if we said, 'You sound like an ass when you laugh. Stop laughing.'

There you go. Perfectly sound reasons for women to say NOTHING even though there is SOMETHING.

I mean, the whole problem will be solved if men detected that there was something wrong (which prompted them to ask if there was anything wrong in the first place) and proceeded to coax her or just bring her attention to something else despite her having said NOTHING. You know it is a bloody lie, she knows it is a bloody lie....can you see through it yet?

I know, I know....here comes the explanation....men are tired and all they want to do when they get home is to rest, relax, have a beer, and surf the TV channels. I know, I know...who has the time to play childish games with women, they should just toughen up or grow out of it.

And you still want to have sex tonight? O.o. Sure...right....work for it, buddy.

So, NOTHING is a legitimate word, an excuse, an explanation, and a darn good cue for men to do SOMETHING.

Huff! Am I feeling alright?

NOTHING.

Comments

shanaz@RS said…
aw! Marsha what a fantastic post! I know exactly what you're saying girl! Hehe.

Popular posts from this blog

At Camp 5, 1 Utama: Kids' Rescue Mission

The kids had a wonderfully exciting day today. Now, this is as extreme as this mother is going to get. Mommy goes Paintball, kids go mountain-climbing...I think I've fulfilled the criteria of offering my kids a fun and exciting life as a kid. :-) It was one of their friends' birthday party and they're a little bored of KidzSports...that's for BABIES, anyway, they say. So, off to Camp 5 then, says the birthday boy's mother. Camp 5 in 1 Utama is located near Neways Karaoke, for those who have never been there before. It's a neat little corner tucked up on the roof of the massive shopping complex. Anyway, the kids had tons of fun although a little apprhensive when they saw how high the 'rock' was. It's actually quite neat and if I didn't feel like throwing up whenever up on higher grounds, I would have wanted to try it as well. The highlight of this party came in the form of a rescue mission. As we all know, when one is frighte...

A Liberating Activity - Guess What Mine Is....

When asked what’s my one single favorite thing to do in the world, I would usually name a whole list of things that I love to do when my work is not screaming at me. Something that takes my mind COMPLETELY off of everyday tasks and relaxes me. Take a guess what it is…. If you say ‘ reading ’, yes, I love reading (especially soppy love stories with lots of sex scenes, please. Hee hee hee ….) and I also love mystery novels but it’s not the first on the list. If you say ‘ playing the piano ’; yes, I love playing the piano. Creating forms a huge part of my life and whenever I play the piano (as inept at it as I am), there’s this tiny little girl inside of me jumping up and down with glee, clapping her hands. It’s my childhood dream to be able to play the piano! And thumping on the keys gives me a sense of satisfaction when I hear the music. If you say ‘ writing ’; You’ve got to be kidding me! You mean I don’t write enough as it is? Case closed. If you say ‘ playing with my kids ’; Yea...

When will Mariah stop flashing her boobs????

Mariah used to be my favourite singer of all time because she's got this amazing gift in the form of a voice that can go ANYWHERE but why oh why is she so obssessed with flashing those enormous peaks of hers everywhere...and why is it that all her songs contain sexual innuendos....touch my body is one of them. I mean, I love the song, I love the tune, I love the beat but PLEASE , Mariah, PLEASE .....why can't you be decent for once? I clicked to watch because I like the song and spent a couple of minutes crossing my fingers that she won't be flashing anything (FAT CHANCE!) in the video. But nope....no such luck. In fact, with a song like that, she goes even further over the top. Where got people answer the door in this type of clothing wan?? Is she for real??? I mean, in this video, she calls a technician up to fix her computer and she answers the foor LIKE THAT ??? Aish.... But the video was entertaining in a sense because the lam-chue-kok (male lead) is this geeky,...