Skip to main content

Universal Language - Music

I love listening to our local radio stations like hitz.fm for recent hits and all that but sometimes I tune into Lite.fm for slower and older kind of music for chilling out purposes. Somehow, I find it comforting to listen to all those old songs and I can sing to them without the lyrics. Funny, isn't it?

When I was still performing as a vocalist, I had the biggest problem remembering lyrics. But when I sit in a car with an 80's song playing in the background, I can remember every beat and note to it. Maybe it is because when I am performing, there is a pressure and I have a tendency to crack under intense pressure.

But most of all, I thank my divinity up there for bringing me free music who stream them from iTunes. I can't live without iTunes and work would be unbearable without them. Seriously! Can you imagine me working in an empty home in COMPLETE SILENCE?

Like working in a coffin.

So, iTunes is definitely something that I relish. Frankly, if I had to pay for it, I would. But please don't make me pay for it. I will listen to all those foreign ads without complaining, thank you!!!!

Comments

shanaz@RS said…
hehehe, I sometimes do work in a coffin-like silence. It helps me focus. But slow tunes of jazz/swing/blues in the background work as well. Depends on my mood. =)
Do you listen to the awesome jazz channel on Astro? Check it out, it's soothing!

Popular posts from this blog

At Camp 5, 1 Utama: Kids' Rescue Mission

The kids had a wonderfully exciting day today. Now, this is as extreme as this mother is going to get. Mommy goes Paintball, kids go mountain-climbing...I think I've fulfilled the criteria of offering my kids a fun and exciting life as a kid. :-) It was one of their friends' birthday party and they're a little bored of KidzSports...that's for BABIES, anyway, they say. So, off to Camp 5 then, says the birthday boy's mother. Camp 5 in 1 Utama is located near Neways Karaoke, for those who have never been there before. It's a neat little corner tucked up on the roof of the massive shopping complex. Anyway, the kids had tons of fun although a little apprhensive when they saw how high the 'rock' was. It's actually quite neat and if I didn't feel like throwing up whenever up on higher grounds, I would have wanted to try it as well. The highlight of this party came in the form of a rescue mission. As we all know, when one is frighte...

A Liberating Activity - Guess What Mine Is....

When asked what’s my one single favorite thing to do in the world, I would usually name a whole list of things that I love to do when my work is not screaming at me. Something that takes my mind COMPLETELY off of everyday tasks and relaxes me. Take a guess what it is…. If you say ‘ reading ’, yes, I love reading (especially soppy love stories with lots of sex scenes, please. Hee hee hee ….) and I also love mystery novels but it’s not the first on the list. If you say ‘ playing the piano ’; yes, I love playing the piano. Creating forms a huge part of my life and whenever I play the piano (as inept at it as I am), there’s this tiny little girl inside of me jumping up and down with glee, clapping her hands. It’s my childhood dream to be able to play the piano! And thumping on the keys gives me a sense of satisfaction when I hear the music. If you say ‘ writing ’; You’ve got to be kidding me! You mean I don’t write enough as it is? Case closed. If you say ‘ playing with my kids ’; Yea...

When will Mariah stop flashing her boobs????

Mariah used to be my favourite singer of all time because she's got this amazing gift in the form of a voice that can go ANYWHERE but why oh why is she so obssessed with flashing those enormous peaks of hers everywhere...and why is it that all her songs contain sexual innuendos....touch my body is one of them. I mean, I love the song, I love the tune, I love the beat but PLEASE , Mariah, PLEASE .....why can't you be decent for once? I clicked to watch because I like the song and spent a couple of minutes crossing my fingers that she won't be flashing anything (FAT CHANCE!) in the video. But nope....no such luck. In fact, with a song like that, she goes even further over the top. Where got people answer the door in this type of clothing wan?? Is she for real??? I mean, in this video, she calls a technician up to fix her computer and she answers the foor LIKE THAT ??? Aish.... But the video was entertaining in a sense because the lam-chue-kok (male lead) is this geeky,...