Skip to main content

Sisters Of Pearl (TVB) Review


The unique thing about this storyline is that everyone, more or less, gets a chance to be bad and then good, bad and then good again. At the end of the day, you don't really know who is the real good and bad person.

I like Jessica Hsuen and think she's a fantastic actress but somehow, when you have veteran villains in there, she sorta falls short. Not by a lot, but still falling short. I mean, you have Bowie there who has been the meanest kind of baddie EVA and then there's Kiki Sheung in there. In the end, when you look at Jessica's villain parts, it's nothing to shout about.

The storyline is a little over-the-top as usual but it's pretty boring in the beginning when you get confused as to who is who, what is doing what, who's for real and what's really going on. The pace picks up towards the end, don't worry.

For ONCE, Savio Tsang is NOT the baddie!! Hahahaha!! He's the good guy ALL THE WAY to the end of the movie.

It's sad that they didn't make more of the third sister's relationship with that Sor Chai (silly boy) - I don't know their real names. The third sister seems to be one of those rising stars for TVB. Been seeing her as supporting cast already with her name tossed in together with big stars.

At first, Michael Tao was like the main bad meanie and since I don't want to give the ending away, I don't like Michael Tao and Jessica Hsuen's ending. But it was a nice twist, anyway.

All in all, it was pretty exciting towards the end although it would have been less tiring if they were not plotting so much against each other. There was, literally, no feel good moment in the series at all. Like, every moment is a tense, stressed-out one.

I like the scene where Joyce Tang Lai Ming had to give birth in the middle of nowhere. I think that scene with Joyce Tang, Jessica Hsuen, Bowie Lam and Michael Tao is the best scene....very intense! If I were Michael Tao, I wouldn't know how to choose either.

Rating: 6.5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At Camp 5, 1 Utama: Kids' Rescue Mission

The kids had a wonderfully exciting day today. Now, this is as extreme as this mother is going to get. Mommy goes Paintball, kids go mountain-climbing...I think I've fulfilled the criteria of offering my kids a fun and exciting life as a kid. :-) It was one of their friends' birthday party and they're a little bored of KidzSports...that's for BABIES, anyway, they say. So, off to Camp 5 then, says the birthday boy's mother. Camp 5 in 1 Utama is located near Neways Karaoke, for those who have never been there before. It's a neat little corner tucked up on the roof of the massive shopping complex. Anyway, the kids had tons of fun although a little apprhensive when they saw how high the 'rock' was. It's actually quite neat and if I didn't feel like throwing up whenever up on higher grounds, I would have wanted to try it as well. The highlight of this party came in the form of a rescue mission. As we all know, when one is frighte...

A Liberating Activity - Guess What Mine Is....

When asked what’s my one single favorite thing to do in the world, I would usually name a whole list of things that I love to do when my work is not screaming at me. Something that takes my mind COMPLETELY off of everyday tasks and relaxes me. Take a guess what it is…. If you say ‘ reading ’, yes, I love reading (especially soppy love stories with lots of sex scenes, please. Hee hee hee ….) and I also love mystery novels but it’s not the first on the list. If you say ‘ playing the piano ’; yes, I love playing the piano. Creating forms a huge part of my life and whenever I play the piano (as inept at it as I am), there’s this tiny little girl inside of me jumping up and down with glee, clapping her hands. It’s my childhood dream to be able to play the piano! And thumping on the keys gives me a sense of satisfaction when I hear the music. If you say ‘ writing ’; You’ve got to be kidding me! You mean I don’t write enough as it is? Case closed. If you say ‘ playing with my kids ’; Yea...

When will Mariah stop flashing her boobs????

Mariah used to be my favourite singer of all time because she's got this amazing gift in the form of a voice that can go ANYWHERE but why oh why is she so obssessed with flashing those enormous peaks of hers everywhere...and why is it that all her songs contain sexual innuendos....touch my body is one of them. I mean, I love the song, I love the tune, I love the beat but PLEASE , Mariah, PLEASE .....why can't you be decent for once? I clicked to watch because I like the song and spent a couple of minutes crossing my fingers that she won't be flashing anything (FAT CHANCE!) in the video. But nope....no such luck. In fact, with a song like that, she goes even further over the top. Where got people answer the door in this type of clothing wan?? Is she for real??? I mean, in this video, she calls a technician up to fix her computer and she answers the foor LIKE THAT ??? Aish.... But the video was entertaining in a sense because the lam-chue-kok (male lead) is this geeky,...