Skip to main content

Twitter vs. Blogging

Not everyone understands that Twittering, tweeting or twitting or whatever is a type of blogging. It's called micro-blogging because you continue to say what you want to say but in micro-style.

Long, long, long, long, long time ago, I used to spend a lot of time thinking of things to say/write in my blog and most of them are well-thought-out stuff that crossed my mind. It was a hobby that I relished because it was fun and I didn't have to care about what people said....well, mainly because not a lot of people were online then. Hey, we're talking about 12 years ago, alright?

Anyway, today, everyone's online. I've got my nieces and my kids online too and I have to be more careful about what I say online. The only other person who is not online is my dad who pretends to be an online kind of person by checking emails and having a Facebook account that does not have a profile picture and an account he does not update.

Tweeting has actually hurt the way I blog because most of the time when I have something to say but don't have the time to actually sit here and blog about it, I go online and tweet it out. It's like, 'Yup, there. I've said it. No brainer tweeting is cool.'

But you know what? Blogging is good for a writer because you get to exercise your chops. So, will I abandon my blog for my twitter account? Nah, not yet. Not now. Come to think of it, probably never.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At Camp 5, 1 Utama: Kids' Rescue Mission

The kids had a wonderfully exciting day today. Now, this is as extreme as this mother is going to get. Mommy goes Paintball, kids go mountain-climbing...I think I've fulfilled the criteria of offering my kids a fun and exciting life as a kid. :-) It was one of their friends' birthday party and they're a little bored of KidzSports...that's for BABIES, anyway, they say. So, off to Camp 5 then, says the birthday boy's mother. Camp 5 in 1 Utama is located near Neways Karaoke, for those who have never been there before. It's a neat little corner tucked up on the roof of the massive shopping complex. Anyway, the kids had tons of fun although a little apprhensive when they saw how high the 'rock' was. It's actually quite neat and if I didn't feel like throwing up whenever up on higher grounds, I would have wanted to try it as well. The highlight of this party came in the form of a rescue mission. As we all know, when one is frighte...

A Liberating Activity - Guess What Mine Is....

When asked what’s my one single favorite thing to do in the world, I would usually name a whole list of things that I love to do when my work is not screaming at me. Something that takes my mind COMPLETELY off of everyday tasks and relaxes me. Take a guess what it is…. If you say ‘ reading ’, yes, I love reading (especially soppy love stories with lots of sex scenes, please. Hee hee hee ….) and I also love mystery novels but it’s not the first on the list. If you say ‘ playing the piano ’; yes, I love playing the piano. Creating forms a huge part of my life and whenever I play the piano (as inept at it as I am), there’s this tiny little girl inside of me jumping up and down with glee, clapping her hands. It’s my childhood dream to be able to play the piano! And thumping on the keys gives me a sense of satisfaction when I hear the music. If you say ‘ writing ’; You’ve got to be kidding me! You mean I don’t write enough as it is? Case closed. If you say ‘ playing with my kids ’; Yea...

When will Mariah stop flashing her boobs????

Mariah used to be my favourite singer of all time because she's got this amazing gift in the form of a voice that can go ANYWHERE but why oh why is she so obssessed with flashing those enormous peaks of hers everywhere...and why is it that all her songs contain sexual innuendos....touch my body is one of them. I mean, I love the song, I love the tune, I love the beat but PLEASE , Mariah, PLEASE .....why can't you be decent for once? I clicked to watch because I like the song and spent a couple of minutes crossing my fingers that she won't be flashing anything (FAT CHANCE!) in the video. But nope....no such luck. In fact, with a song like that, she goes even further over the top. Where got people answer the door in this type of clothing wan?? Is she for real??? I mean, in this video, she calls a technician up to fix her computer and she answers the foor LIKE THAT ??? Aish.... But the video was entertaining in a sense because the lam-chue-kok (male lead) is this geeky,...