Things that I love about Chinese New Year.
- The food
- The family
- The traffic...which is NONE
- The mandarin oranges
- The new clothes
- The color (one of my fave colors is red, but not the jarring kind but still RED)
- The barbequed meat
- The drinking
- The gambling (although I don't gamble. I just like to watch other people gamble. Go figure)
- The no work (which, unfortunately for me, means no $$$. But never mind. No work)
- The no wake up early
- The no cooking frenzy
But there are a few things that I hate about Chinese New Year too.
- The ang pows (giving them out is NO FUN)
- The annoying music
- The WEATHERRRRRR. God, how can it be sooooooo hot during Chinese New Year????
Yeah, only three things that I truly hate during Chinese New Year. Everything else, I like.
And one more note about this Chinese New Year compared to others in the past. I used to be able to recycle the ang-pows (as in unpacking the money inside and then put the cash into new angpows and give it away) but I can't do that anymore this year because kids grow up, they know how to count money...and you know what....THEY. ARE. NOT. LETTING. YOU. ANYWHERE. NEAR. THEIR. LOOT.