Skip to main content

The Biggest Lie I Ever Told

Share

Image Credit: Dog scold dog image

Today, I am going to write about the biggest lie I've ever told and honestly, this is a lie....was a lie...well, it is STILL a lie, regardless of the fact that thirty odd years has passed, eh?

Anyway, one of the biggest lies that I have ever told involves my report card. Ack! Yes, I know.

My parents...they are never the type to come running at you with a whip, chain you and smack you from here to next year. No, sadly, they don't. In fact, I think the kind of pain that they inflict on me is worse – silence, a shake of the head and a sigh.

WAAHHHHHHH!!!! I'm so sorry I flunk my maths...AGAIN.

I am sorry I barely scraped through my Bahasa (because it is a stupid language)!

I am sorry my geography is like a three-year-old's!

I am sorry, I am sorry, I am sorry. I promise to do better.

And what kind of a stupid subject is Sivik dan Kewarganegaraan, anyway?

But nothing. Silence. Shit.

So, every time I get my report card, I hide it in my bag, pretend I did not get it, hid it under my clothes in my clothes drawer and lived life like normal.

Until one fine day, my dad wises up and asks, 'Didn't you just finish your exam? How come there is no report card?'

oh, f-ck-ry. Here it comes.

'I don't know where I put it. I lost it liao. I will get the teacher to give me another one,' I said, all innocent and surprise.

'OK, make sure you do that.'

The next day, I tell the teacher, 'I can't find my report card.'. With squinty eyes, the teacher issues me another one and I go home and hide it again under the first report card.

I shouldn't have done that because every time my mom puts clothes in my drawer, I panic, break out into sweat and behave like a watchdog right outside my bedroom door, holding my breath, hoping that my mom will just pile the freshly laundered clothes on top and go.

The watchdog behavior probably gave me away. My mom, with hands on hip, came trudging into the room one day and started waving the three report cards in the air.

He he he he....but did I get the shelling that I so deserve?

Nah. There's the shake of head, sigh and then silence again.

That's bloody torture. Give me some kind of beating, won't you already???!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Liberating Activity - Guess What Mine Is....

When asked what’s my one single favorite thing to do in the world, I would usually name a whole list of things that I love to do when my work is not screaming at me. Something that takes my mind COMPLETELY off of everyday tasks and relaxes me. Take a guess what it is…. If you say ‘ reading ’, yes, I love reading (especially soppy love stories with lots of sex scenes, please. Hee hee hee ….) and I also love mystery novels but it’s not the first on the list. If you say ‘ playing the piano ’; yes, I love playing the piano. Creating forms a huge part of my life and whenever I play the piano (as inept at it as I am), there’s this tiny little girl inside of me jumping up and down with glee, clapping her hands. It’s my childhood dream to be able to play the piano! And thumping on the keys gives me a sense of satisfaction when I hear the music. If you say ‘ writing ’; You’ve got to be kidding me! You mean I don’t write enough as it is? Case closed. If you say ‘ playing with my kids ’; Yea...

At Camp 5, 1 Utama: Kids' Rescue Mission

The kids had a wonderfully exciting day today. Now, this is as extreme as this mother is going to get. Mommy goes Paintball, kids go mountain-climbing...I think I've fulfilled the criteria of offering my kids a fun and exciting life as a kid. :-) It was one of their friends' birthday party and they're a little bored of KidzSports...that's for BABIES, anyway, they say. So, off to Camp 5 then, says the birthday boy's mother. Camp 5 in 1 Utama is located near Neways Karaoke, for those who have never been there before. It's a neat little corner tucked up on the roof of the massive shopping complex. Anyway, the kids had tons of fun although a little apprhensive when they saw how high the 'rock' was. It's actually quite neat and if I didn't feel like throwing up whenever up on higher grounds, I would have wanted to try it as well. The highlight of this party came in the form of a rescue mission. As we all know, when one is frighte...

When will Mariah stop flashing her boobs????

Mariah used to be my favourite singer of all time because she's got this amazing gift in the form of a voice that can go ANYWHERE but why oh why is she so obssessed with flashing those enormous peaks of hers everywhere...and why is it that all her songs contain sexual innuendos....touch my body is one of them. I mean, I love the song, I love the tune, I love the beat but PLEASE , Mariah, PLEASE .....why can't you be decent for once? I clicked to watch because I like the song and spent a couple of minutes crossing my fingers that she won't be flashing anything (FAT CHANCE!) in the video. But nope....no such luck. In fact, with a song like that, she goes even further over the top. Where got people answer the door in this type of clothing wan?? Is she for real??? I mean, in this video, she calls a technician up to fix her computer and she answers the foor LIKE THAT ??? Aish.... But the video was entertaining in a sense because the lam-chue-kok (male lead) is this geeky,...