Skip to main content

Malaysians Love Malaysia

When people say that Malaysians are a loveless bunch of duds waiting for a boat out of the peninsular all the time, I strongly contend otherwise. Malaysians love Malaysia. No, come on....stop laughing. Deep down inside of you, you know you love the country. We love the earthquake-less-ness. We love the fact that we've got some breath-sucking laksa you will give up your chance to date Megan Fox / Robert Pattinson (yeah....right) for. We also love the highways....gives us the chance to play a game on Facebook with your iPhone. Farm some vegetable, rear some cow or something. We are so totally in love with Malaysia. But just not with the people who did injustice to some of us. Just not in love with unfairness and underlying, suppressed feeling of bitterness than just simmers. It has been simmering for ages and we have, some of us have (at least), learned how to either look the other way or think it is a lost cause and should just sit there with our legs crossed and listen for the kac-ching of the cashier counter. Some of us just focused on making more money, that's all. Despite all of that, Malaysians honestly love Malaysia. We are united once the whole fiasco thing is removed. It is a grave pity that some groups of people are on the extreme – they should be stopped. Really. That is because it kills the love. I mean, when we are here, all we do is groan and moan because all we see is...well, stuff that makes our skin crawl and gives us hypertension. But when we are overseas, MAN OH MAN....we proudly say that we are 'Malaysians', the land right above Singapore and right under Thailand...yeah, that's the one. No, we do not live in trees. YES, we actually speak English, imagine that. YES, we are a country, not some aboriginal tribe. On why we bought a submarine and sent a handsome model to space? Er....we have no answer for that. Sorry... We advertise Malaysia like we love it in other countries because deep down inside, we love it. But to wave a Malaysian flag on National Day? Er...let me dwell on that a bit, alright? I love Malaysia but not yet THAT much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe