I am envious...very, VERY envious about local Malaysians who work Malaysian time. We, Malaysians, get so many days of holidays all year round that we literally have more holidays than working days. Kidding. We don't but I wouldn't be very off-mark when I say that we have more or less as many holidays as we have working days.
This year is a little special. I had no idea how we managed to cram longweekend after longweekend after longweekend and they're all crammed into Aug/Sept! And for this Hari Raya (muslim celebration), the government decided that an 'extra special' day of holiday should be given....for reasons unknown.
Being a Malaysian, I should be happy but I am not.
I work from home and let's just say that my working hours is pretty much 'international'. My holidays follow no particular country's hols except for maybe....the United States since that's where most of my clients are from. So, while we celebrate Chinese New Year or Deepavali here, I get no holidays; but I have Boxing Day and Thanksgiving which Malaysians here don't have.
I know. It's soooooo screwed!!
My problem with having so many days of holiday is that I spend so much time preparing meals for the kids because they're home. And I have to usher them to their tuition, get them to do their homework, practice their piano and then maybe organize a visit to grandma's so that I can come back and have 30 minutes or more of 'quiet time' when I can think, write, manage and organize.
It's hell when everyone's enjoying a break when I have to work DOUBLE.
Mothers would know that this is true. A holiday when you have kids is not really a holiday. It's Helliday.
The kids had a wonderfully exciting day today. Now, this is as extreme as this mother is going to get. Mommy goes Paintball, kids go mountain-climbing...I think I've fulfilled the criteria of offering my kids a fun and exciting life as a kid. :-) It was one of their friends' birthday party and they're a little bored of KidzSports...that's for BABIES, anyway, they say. So, off to Camp 5 then, says the birthday boy's mother. Camp 5 in 1 Utama is located near Neways Karaoke, for those who have never been there before. It's a neat little corner tucked up on the roof of the massive shopping complex. Anyway, the kids had tons of fun although a little apprhensive when they saw how high the 'rock' was. It's actually quite neat and if I didn't feel like throwing up whenever up on higher grounds, I would have wanted to try it as well. The highlight of this party came in the form of a rescue mission. As we all know, when one is frighte...
Comments