Skip to main content

The Thirty-Something-Year-Old Little Girl

Image credit What are you doing? Reading Enid Blyton all over again?! How old are you? Why are you watching youtube videos about young celebrities? They’re kids, for goodness’ sakes! How come you visit TMZ and eOnline so many times a day? And I like Robert Pattinson, for your information, and some other moms actually think I am bonkers. That’s what I get, CONSISTENTLY, when I tell people what I do during my free time. Watching celebrity interviews, goggling and googling young, hot celebrities and reading children’s books…I’ll admit that it is not something that a thirty-something woman does with her free time. Well, you know what? I’ll continue doing it until I don’t feel like doing it anymore because doing these things makes women like me feel younger. It keeps things in a, sort of, dream-like state and takes us away from reality (if that is what one is looking for) because reality can be (very often) overwhelming. Outdoors and trying to feel alive The other thing that women MY AGE should do is to get outdoors and have some real fun! I’ve not been on a bicycle since I touched my twenties and when I did it again, the feeling was liberating. It’s like you’ve been waiting for the candy for years and years and years only to be told that you can’t because it’ll all go to your nether regions behind; and then one day, someone hands you the candy. Liberating is the word. Keeping your heart young You know how we complain to our neighbors or best-friend about how boring life is because you’re caught in this endless cycle of chores that never ends. I mean, really….does it ever end? You think you’re done with the batch of laundry? Done? Think again. Here comes another batch. The conundrum of everyday life….sigh…if it doesn’t catch you now, it’ll catch you sooner of later and if you don’t put effort into keeping your heart from getting old, you will EVENTUALLY feel a little lived-out. Like you’ve lived but not lived enough. What a horrible feeling that must be. Pushing yourself to do those things simply because… I know, I know….there will be doubts, there will be questions about how will you ever find the time? About the floor’s going to be filthy? Or your clients are going to be calling you? But if we really see the benefits of doing something that makes that little girl (or guy) in us happy, we schedule ourselves into our organizer…that’s what we do! If your job or family members or business is important enough for you to schedule in an appointment for them, then aren’t YOU important enough for you to schedule YOURSELF in too?

Comments

Another Mom said…
i do the same too babes. moms or not, it doesn't mean that we can't be interested in current celebrity gossips or drool over young 'uns.

i also want to go cycling. the last time i went cycling was in bukit cerakah in shah alam way back in the nineties. dunno if they still have it there, hmmmmmm...

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe