Skip to main content

Wa Si Cui Gu

I didn’t know that wa si cui gu until I had to write some Chinese New Year advertisement copy, you know. I look look look and see…..KNN, no wonder my life so pitiful lah….I am a farking water buffalo mah…how not to have a hard life??!! Anyway, in the spirit of celebrating me being a water buffalo, I’m going to look into the good points of a water buffalo who is traditionally believed to have to work to their deaths. They say:The Water element gives the Ox a flexibility and liberty. Me say: Mmmmm….no wonder I don’t want to work for people and end up being a freelancer with all the flexibility that I want. They say:….hard-working…blah blah blha, quickest-thinking Me say: Er….hard-working maybe-lah but quickest-thinking….er….maybe not lah hor? They say: easily recognize and accept other people’s point of view…. Me say: (continue from above sentence):…until treated like a doormat. Oh yes…. They say: …their sincerity and patience ensures their popularity with friends, peers and family. Me say: I am happy to see that I am popular amongst so many people but I have my doubts. Define popular... They say: Oxen….start their families early on and completely immerse themselves in caring for and parenting their children. Me say: Aiya! No wonder lah… They say: This can lead to dependent children and can pose a problem for parents who are trying to teach their children to become self-reliant. Me say: Oh. Hee hee hee…. They say: They like art and music as well. They are creative children who enjoy sports too. Me say: NO FARKING WONDER lah!!! Then the list damn kow long, I don’t wanna read liao. I went straight for the compatibility thing. I picked out the matches for my past boyfriends/husband(s)/flings/almost-slept-with…some only lah and this is what they had to say… They say: Ox and Rooster Sexually stimulating, passionate and spontaneous…this should be a good fit. Me say: I would like to cast a little bit of doubt here. It depends on what kind of rooster we’re talking about here, right? If he’s an earth farking rooster or a fire rooster, then this water buffalo stand no chance lor. They say: Ox and Dragon Give-and-take is not your forte and you are both more stubborn than the other. Me say: Hee hee hee….what can I say? :-) They say: Ox and Tiger You are completely drawn to each other but headed for a dead end. Me say: Should have read this earlier…waste my time. They say: Ox and Rat Really good sex, but you’ll better serve each other as an affair. Marriage isn’t a good idea. Me say: Good sex, questionable. Please define good sex…. It didn’t say anything about me having to work hard for the rest of my life wor. But they did say that 2009 is going to be one shitty year for me because this year is earth element mah….water touch earth disappear wan mah. So, all you people out there who are water buffalo like me, watch out. Don’t disappear into the earth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe