Skip to main content

Green for five minutes

I’m gonna post a short one today on account of the fact that my eyelids are heavy and I can’t stand up without yawning. Been a long day…trust me. It’s funny…the day is longer when you have to dwell on ONE SINGLE THING the whole day long as compared to say….writing five articles on…erm, stuff that my clients want me to yabber about…one by one. I stick religiously to my checklist and feel an immense sense of pleasure in ticking them off one by one.

Don’t you? Or am I weird? Again?

Anyway, I’ve been meaning to write about this a long time but never got around to doing this. Thanks to my PDA, I have the time to jot things down when stuck in traffic jam when the mind doodles and doddles.

So…here we are, stuck in a traffic jam. Everyone’s annoyed at the reason why the traffic’s so horrifically horrid today compared to yesterday. I mean, the place I live in, except for when people are sleeping, there’s a jam. But there are BIG JAMS and there are small jams.

So, this morning was a BIG HAM…I mean, Jam.

Turns out, as I approach the ‘cause of jam’, the traffic light turns green on our round for like five seconds or something…and then yellow, then red for an HOUR before it turns green again!

But that’s not what made me mad. What drove me nuts was that, there’s this little bridge that we have to go through…and right there, right smack in the middle of the bridge, of was a man with his hands on his hips. He was rock solid, alright. He had on RayBans (from Chow Kit) and a I-mean-business demeanor.

He was a polis (police officer).

I had to yank my mouth close when I saw him standing there, watching us poor folks caught in an unwarranted and VERY UNNECESSARY ham…I meant, jam, again, while he admired the scenery, watching out for monkeys in trees!

If not for the kids sitting on the backseat playing their Nintendos, all sorts of expletives in all types, forms and manner of the languages I speak, would have come out of my mouth.

I was just thinking…. ‘Did he or did he not see that there was something wrong with the traffic lights? Is he or is he not enjoying himself while watching us suffer? Would he or would be not shoot me if I walked up to him and grabbed his balls and yanked it with all my might?’

I was just thinking, of course, because just then, I had to make a mad dash for that five-second green light making sure I hit the opposite side of the road before it turns red.

I hit the other side of the road but I was so mad that MY FACE was red.

Comments

Jamie said…
Sometimes its better not to have the fooking BolehLand's police force directing traffic...they are nothing but a bunch of SOHAIS...just good for eating ( money ), shitting, sleeping and making babies..

Try to look for them at the first sign of rain and I will bet you my cherry white arse that none will be around....freaking bunch of useless hvucks!!
Marsha Maung said…
Oh...I couldn't agree with you more, bro. useless baffooons that they are....

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe