Skip to main content

Beanstalk into my ideal world

My younger son popped me this question some time back. I don’t know what prompted this question but one fine day, in the car, on the way back from school, he asked, “Mom, would you like a beanstalk?”
Me (surprised) Me? A beanstalk? Like a really tall one? Like Jack and his beanstalk? Jad Yeah. That kind of beanstalk. Got chickens in the sky, you know and they got lots of eggs in there (Jad dig eggs like nothing else in the world, just so you know) Me (thinking deeply) I guess it would be good. But there’s a huge giant there. Jad But we’re strong enough to fight the giant, mom!!! The giant is really stupid wan.
Oh. He’s right about that one…. But that got me thinking. Sometimes, life gets so tough that I don’t think I’d mind having one of those magic beanstalks….my own private one, that is. That doesn’t lead me to that awful mansion. Instead, my beanstalk would lead me to my own haven....I don't mind being greeted Hawaiian-style with thumping beats of drums in the background and surrounded by a couple of yummylicious blokes with six-packs and tight undies...that's on the side-note, of course. Armor, lance and white horse optional. So's the yellow brick road... If I had a beanstalk, it would lead me to a place where money is not the priority and we don’t buy stuff with money. In fact, we exchange it with favors and good deeds. As in...."Here, Mrs. Penniless, I've got some carrots for you today" and Mrs. Penniless would wrap me in a warm embrace, "Oh, thank you, Marsha. That's awfully kind of you. You've got yourself 5 points karma for that! And here's some lettuce. They're beautiful this morning"...and then I have to give her back her 5 points karma. The point is that, the more good deeds you do,the more you help people, the more credits you have. Perhaps, we could all carry around with us a device that depicts the number of karma credits we have based on the number of good things we’ve done for others without asking for anything back in return. And there would be no politic-king either. Everyone’s just the same…you’re you, I am me and we’re just going to live our lives doing things that makes us and others happy. No brand and label chasing, which is something I am TOTALLY against. We’re not jealous of each other either and most importantly, parents don’t compare their kids’ grades, nobody drives fancy cars (because we can all fly wherever we want…or can teleport or something). If we had to drive, then we ALL OF US would have to drive Kenaris (which must look like a matchbox for some reason, right?) This is the ideal world that I am thinking of, you know, when Jad suggested the beanstalk idea to me. Unfortunately, it’s not possible…or is it? If it was, then I REALLY want that beanstalk he was talking about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Liberating Activity - Guess What Mine Is....

When asked what’s my one single favorite thing to do in the world, I would usually name a whole list of things that I love to do when my work is not screaming at me. Something that takes my mind COMPLETELY off of everyday tasks and relaxes me. Take a guess what it is…. If you say ‘ reading ’, yes, I love reading (especially soppy love stories with lots of sex scenes, please. Hee hee hee ….) and I also love mystery novels but it’s not the first on the list. If you say ‘ playing the piano ’; yes, I love playing the piano. Creating forms a huge part of my life and whenever I play the piano (as inept at it as I am), there’s this tiny little girl inside of me jumping up and down with glee, clapping her hands. It’s my childhood dream to be able to play the piano! And thumping on the keys gives me a sense of satisfaction when I hear the music. If you say ‘ writing ’; You’ve got to be kidding me! You mean I don’t write enough as it is? Case closed. If you say ‘ playing with my kids ’; Yea...

At Camp 5, 1 Utama: Kids' Rescue Mission

The kids had a wonderfully exciting day today. Now, this is as extreme as this mother is going to get. Mommy goes Paintball, kids go mountain-climbing...I think I've fulfilled the criteria of offering my kids a fun and exciting life as a kid. :-) It was one of their friends' birthday party and they're a little bored of KidzSports...that's for BABIES, anyway, they say. So, off to Camp 5 then, says the birthday boy's mother. Camp 5 in 1 Utama is located near Neways Karaoke, for those who have never been there before. It's a neat little corner tucked up on the roof of the massive shopping complex. Anyway, the kids had tons of fun although a little apprhensive when they saw how high the 'rock' was. It's actually quite neat and if I didn't feel like throwing up whenever up on higher grounds, I would have wanted to try it as well. The highlight of this party came in the form of a rescue mission. As we all know, when one is frighte...

When will Mariah stop flashing her boobs????

Mariah used to be my favourite singer of all time because she's got this amazing gift in the form of a voice that can go ANYWHERE but why oh why is she so obssessed with flashing those enormous peaks of hers everywhere...and why is it that all her songs contain sexual innuendos....touch my body is one of them. I mean, I love the song, I love the tune, I love the beat but PLEASE , Mariah, PLEASE .....why can't you be decent for once? I clicked to watch because I like the song and spent a couple of minutes crossing my fingers that she won't be flashing anything (FAT CHANCE!) in the video. But nope....no such luck. In fact, with a song like that, she goes even further over the top. Where got people answer the door in this type of clothing wan?? Is she for real??? I mean, in this video, she calls a technician up to fix her computer and she answers the foor LIKE THAT ??? Aish.... But the video was entertaining in a sense because the lam-chue-kok (male lead) is this geeky,...