Skip to main content

I have a wok problem

Listen, it's good that I have a maid now, right? But you know how it is when a person's got his or her own kitchen...it's MY KITCHEN!!! Blardie shit, it's MY KITCHEN!!!! hee hee hee... Anyway, this maid of mine (below twenty years old) very enthusiastic about opening a restaurant or something when she goes home, so, she always asking me to let her cook. But the problem is that it's MY FOOD and I want to eat what I LIKE TO EAT, so, she have to cook it MY WAY, right or not? But no wor, she wants to cook it her way wor. The problem is....I also like to cook the things that I want to eat....but she keep fighting with me to test-drive her cooking skills. Every time, very very early, she will ask me whether she can cook or not? I am like....what the FFFF! It's 9.45am morning and you want to cook what??? Use who's chicken? Who's beef? Who's sayur? Who's soya sause? Who's.... OK OK OK....I am getting way overboard here because I am a little miffed because I've been asked 'Can I cook this?' for the whole month liao. When I marinate something, I mean, I have something in mind lah, right? And I know what my kids like, (and I LIKE) so I have something in mind liao mah (already). So, this fler (fella), always come and ask me whether she can come and cook it like this, cook it like that....sigh.... If I want her to help me cook, then I will ask lah. If not, then I will just ask her to potong the sayur (cut the veg) and wash the Fooking wok lah, rite or not??? It's MY FOOKING KITCHEN, MY FOOKING FOOD AND MY FOOKING KIDS! I get to decide what to cook with the food that I buy..... GGGGgggggrgrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... I have a maid who is fighting for the wok with me....shikes! Ok, maybe you're saying 'Maybe she only wants to help out leh?' True. I asked her 'You really wanna help out with the cooking, isn't it?' (albeit a little bit sarcastically, but the sarcasm flew over her head like a cuckoo bird). And you know what she said? "I want to take the opportunity to learn how to cook here". WOY!!! This is playground for you ah?? This is not a cooking school....this is my house, my family you're talking about! Don't test-test here! You wanna test, use your own money, stay at home and test all you want! We will try to accomodate your eating habits, your favorite dishes and all that but ultimately, it's still my home, right or not? I strongly believe that I also have to learn how to accommodate another person in the house. This is a time to learn....and I blardie hell have to learn fast, man!! p.s. In all other areas, she's fine. Maybe I am overprotective of my kitchen lah. And also maybe I can border on severely maniacal about the food that my kids eat....OR MAYBE I JUST FOOKING PMS-lah! But don't worry lah, folks. I won't quarrel with her or murder her or throw her off the fourth floor. I am quite good at swallowing air (tolerance level rather high). I am sure this will come in handy at swallowing fire (anger) as well. I am just gonna swallow it...just like that...kkkkooootttttt....down the throat to maintain mental health and peace in the home. But still sipet tulan (super pissed off), you know keep hearing it two three times a day.... Credit for image found on the internet: http://www.asian-central.com/stuffasianpeoplelike/2008/04/05/53-the-wok/ Original source or not, I don't guarantee, but it's where I found it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
LoL You crack me up. I kinda get what u r driving at. I get 'territorial' vibes too in my kitchen.
Jamie said…
hey cuz, want a bitta help 'ere? I have a friend of mine who is in the restaurant business....wanna send your maid there so she can "cook" her arse off...kekekeke
Marsha Maung said…
another mom, yeah, i feel like such a dog about it but i can't help it! and I like to cook what I like to eat at home, so....hee hee hee

jamie, bet she will be begging to come back in no time, well-trained not to ask 'can i cook like this like that' anymore when she comes back. I will think about it, man!!

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe