Skip to main content

Let The Mat Rempits Race Their Brains Out

I don’t know about you but the people I fear the most whenever I am driving are not the ones behind big momma vehicles, trucks and such. They’re loud and intimidating even from afar but they’re not the worst. The people I fear the most are the fearless Mat Rempits (Irresponsible motorcyclists who race each other in the wee hours of the morning) or the daylight versions. Seemingly, these people just don’t know what ‘death’ is. And I hate it when they scare the bejeezus out of us normal drivers trying to arrive at our destination in one piece. They’d zoom out of hidden corners at 90KMPH or maybe zip past the red light before the other lights turn green. Or they rev it up at the last nanosecond of the yellow light. Malaysia is well-known for this – for the stress-inducing traffic jams and early morning eardrum busting sounds of engines roaring past. Every time I see them and I wonder what they’re thinking….or are they even thinking at all? That they are invincible? That other people will avoid them no matter what? That accidents don’t happen? That they imagine themselves to be made of steel? The impact of being flung off their bikes in itself will cause them a lot of bodily damage and the helmet can only do so much under the crushing weight of a car. And yet, they don’t care??? The government have been trying to tackle this problem with increased fines, lengthy jail time, and what not but I think what should be done is to encourage them to race elsewhere. Racing is more than just a habit with them….it’s the thrill, I think. The government must give them the chance to fulfill their thrill of riding at a dangerous speed without endangering others. Give them a bloody race track and let them race there….ENCOURAGE them to race there for blardie free of charge. Racing on their stupid machines elsewhere remains illegal. Get the b*****ds off the roads and make the roads safe for other drivers. Long, long time ago, I heard this from a friend’s mother. She’s like 40+ years-old and kind of very kan-cheong (anxious) kind of person when she drive. One time, she was driving as carefully as she can on the road when a Mat Rempit swerved out of a corner causing her to land in the ditch. She sprained her hands and neck but she was OK. Whilst she was physically OK, she was a little bit traumatized by it and didn’t drive for the next eight (or so) months! It inconvenienced herself and her family members because she used to fetch her grandchildren and kid to and from school and tuition classes. Jail time and fines don’t scare these bas***ds because it adds to the thrill. The excitement. Like a habitual burglar, sometimes breaking and entering is connected to the ‘fear’ of being caught. They race each other because they enjoy the adrenaline rush. Give these idiots racing classes, give them license to race on track instead. punishment, in my eyes, may worsen things instead. Gawd, I blardie hate those senseless idiots. Sorry if you’re one of them. I meant all the other Mat Rempits, not you. :-)

Comments

Jamie said…
bugger cuz, u talking about me? i am selling my Suzy liao ma...and I am too old to rempit...armpit maybe but rempit? naaaah
Marsha Maung said…
cuz, not talking about you lah! unless you terrorize aunties behind the wheel lah. hee hee hee....the ones I am talking about are the ones on kapcais holding hands or performing tricks in highways wan leh. the ones who swing out together thinking their fathers own the roads wan leh??

yours is suzuki....far far can see and hear liao.

Popular posts from this blog

A Liberating Activity - Guess What Mine Is....

When asked what’s my one single favorite thing to do in the world, I would usually name a whole list of things that I love to do when my work is not screaming at me. Something that takes my mind COMPLETELY off of everyday tasks and relaxes me. Take a guess what it is…. If you say ‘ reading ’, yes, I love reading (especially soppy love stories with lots of sex scenes, please. Hee hee hee ….) and I also love mystery novels but it’s not the first on the list. If you say ‘ playing the piano ’; yes, I love playing the piano. Creating forms a huge part of my life and whenever I play the piano (as inept at it as I am), there’s this tiny little girl inside of me jumping up and down with glee, clapping her hands. It’s my childhood dream to be able to play the piano! And thumping on the keys gives me a sense of satisfaction when I hear the music. If you say ‘ writing ’; You’ve got to be kidding me! You mean I don’t write enough as it is? Case closed. If you say ‘ playing with my kids ’; Yea...

At Camp 5, 1 Utama: Kids' Rescue Mission

The kids had a wonderfully exciting day today. Now, this is as extreme as this mother is going to get. Mommy goes Paintball, kids go mountain-climbing...I think I've fulfilled the criteria of offering my kids a fun and exciting life as a kid. :-) It was one of their friends' birthday party and they're a little bored of KidzSports...that's for BABIES, anyway, they say. So, off to Camp 5 then, says the birthday boy's mother. Camp 5 in 1 Utama is located near Neways Karaoke, for those who have never been there before. It's a neat little corner tucked up on the roof of the massive shopping complex. Anyway, the kids had tons of fun although a little apprhensive when they saw how high the 'rock' was. It's actually quite neat and if I didn't feel like throwing up whenever up on higher grounds, I would have wanted to try it as well. The highlight of this party came in the form of a rescue mission. As we all know, when one is frighte...

When will Mariah stop flashing her boobs????

Mariah used to be my favourite singer of all time because she's got this amazing gift in the form of a voice that can go ANYWHERE but why oh why is she so obssessed with flashing those enormous peaks of hers everywhere...and why is it that all her songs contain sexual innuendos....touch my body is one of them. I mean, I love the song, I love the tune, I love the beat but PLEASE , Mariah, PLEASE .....why can't you be decent for once? I clicked to watch because I like the song and spent a couple of minutes crossing my fingers that she won't be flashing anything (FAT CHANCE!) in the video. But nope....no such luck. In fact, with a song like that, she goes even further over the top. Where got people answer the door in this type of clothing wan?? Is she for real??? I mean, in this video, she calls a technician up to fix her computer and she answers the foor LIKE THAT ??? Aish.... But the video was entertaining in a sense because the lam-chue-kok (male lead) is this geeky,...