Skip to main content

Planting the seeds of love

I’ve never been fond of plants before because I hate getting soil under my nails. Well, I guess, partly, my abhorrence towards these living things was fueled by the fact that all the plants that I touched died. It was surprising, even to me, when I decided to pick out three plants during a shopping spree in IKEA. Totally unlike me….. Then true enough, the plants started dying one by one even though I followed instructions closely. Which said, “No need for direct sunlight” so I kept it in a corner where it can get very little sunlight. “Water once a week” which I did also. But the thing is that within the first few days, the plants started showing signs of dying. KNN. What’d I do? No water, no sunlight and that’s exactly what I did, rite?
This dead plant outside my window....poor thing. Still there. Don't know how and where to 'bury' the fella. Days passed and slowly one plant bowed out. Then the other crumbled as well. Only one left standing….the hero of all heroes. This plant is something, man. Even with my not-much-sunlight and once-a-week watering, it survived. And you know what? Not only did it survive, the plant thrived!
One by one, new little babies started growing inside the pot. Then they sprouted leaves. Then grow some more….wow! I was flabbergasted, to say the least. Now, imagine this…I think I have to get a new pot for this baby of mind. I cannot bear to watch this one die because….somehow, you form a connection with the plant. I talk to it, you know. Stop laughing. It’s not a joke and it’s not funny. This plant is my new baby and it’s got a name too. Fellow bloggers and blog visitors, please meet my new baby. It’s name is Plant-issimo.
Hee hee….original-leh? :-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Marsha, I was going to say, "Give me 5" but then later in your post shows that you have green fingers. :(

I hate gardening due to earthworms. Too scared that I might accidentally end up with one in my palm. Eeeww.

Well, congratulations for having Plant-issimo (??).
Marsha Maung said…
Oh, eeewwwww! earthworms!!! *shivering* seriously, i remember my uncle taking me fishing when I was young and I kept begging the fella to not 'kill' the earthworms by sticking them into those evil jaws of death aka hooks. he fed-up drive me home and never took me fishing ever again!

ask me dig or even look an earthworm in the face also cannot, man. I am sure you know how squeamish I am about that.

You should try something like this too, Judy. But if the plant die, I will cry, man. :-)
Jamie said…
plantissimo? waaakakakakaka....one hell of a kau name cuz....sounds like a Transformers thingy!!

the plant u have is for luck and wealth ( someone told me )...its does not need direct sunlight and only water it once a month...don't over water it or the roots will rot.

the thriving plantissimo should be bringing you lotsa of wealth, health and happiness...

All The Best kiddo..
Marsha Maung said…
eh, it's not supposed to be transformers lah. supposed to be like music or something, you know...pianissimo?? softly? gently? barely a whisper? lidat.

but who cares lah, rite? since it's gonna bring me loads of HEALTH, money and happiness!!

Yeah, I water very little only! I sked it die on me again. damn sad, you know, even when a plant dies.... sob sob
Anonymous said…
Eh, want me to get you a plant from here ah? I'm sure if can survive in the desert, can survive in your house kwa... :D

BTW, can you please email me the photo we took together during your burfday? Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe