Skip to main content

Is it possible for guys and girls to be best friends without having sexual interest in each other?

Like this? Digg this!

These are examples of how and why a guy and a girl would claim to be best friends or pet-sister or pet-brother.

  • They like each other’s company
  • They’re under 16-years-old
  • They fancy each other but don’t feel that taking it to the next level is right….yet.
  • Hiding a hidden romance
  • They already have an army of pet-sisters or pet-brothers, so, what’s another one
  • Having an assemblage of best friends or pet-siblings represents popularity of a person
  • Under top secrecy, they bonked each other, found that it was a mistake, so decided to retract their steps and become best friends or pet-sister of pet-brother instead. This person knows the brand of underwear you wear or where you got cellulite, so, better keep this person close by.

In all honesty, do you think a girl and a guy can subsist as mere friends or good friends or best friends, as some might go as far to claim it? Now, let me tell you something hor. I married a best friend from work, ok? So, despite my earlier school days innocence about how a girl and a guy can become best friends, my perception of how successful such a relationship can be has matured….it’s warped.

It’s a two-pronged thing and very hard to decide whether it’s possible or not. Personally, I think it’s cool for a girl to perceive a guy to be her best-friend but it’s not possible for a guy to perceive a girl to be a best-friend. From experience, whenever a guy tries to get close to a girl or allows a girl into his underwear closet, he’s on to something. Even if he’s not on to something from the start, he will be.

As I can see from experience, it takes very little to jumpstart a man’s libido. In fact, you don’t need a key. Show a little more shoulder and the engine’s roaring! Even a sigh executed in Pussy Cat pattern can actually elicit a ‘brotherly’ response from the male gender.

Hey, I didn’t sing on stage without knowing learning how to switch those buttons on with the ***para-para uncles uncles sitting down there sipping gulping their liver-intoxicating drinks for nothing, ok? The excitement button for men is not hard to find….it’s everywhere!

So….where was I? Oh ya, so, imagine the girl and the guy decides to study together or do homework together. The parents not home. They sitting together lah, then she asks him something, he sits closer, can smell faint smell of perfume. Hhhmmmm….he mentally slaps himself on the face and told himself to wake up. Concentrate.

Then suddenly the strap of her burgundy colored Marks & Spencers bra show….the bra strap only, ok? He peeks while she continues to toil over a math solution. He pulls closer….you decide for yourself lah. This is especially true if the couple is young with raging hormones to deal with. In my personal opinion, the male growth hormone is very susceptible and hard to control and that is, sadly, why there are so many rape cases involving school and college students. The male hormones should be understood and accepted and people should learn ways to control or ‘satisfy’ the irrepressible urge to stick their ‘organ’ into any moving object….preferably with long hair and in a skirt.

Sure enough, the example I gave is of a young male species. But let’s just put it this way….regardless of age, the male hormone is always raging. The libido of a healthy male, young or old, is strong. Frankly, there was this one incident that took me by surprise because there was this 60-plus-plus-plus-plus **UNCLE whom I tagged with ‘innocent but willing’ suddenly made sexual advances towards me, even tried groping but I slinked and slithered like he was trying to stick a carrot up my backside and I was thankfully rescued by fellow band members! Who would’ve thought, right? I thought the fella was innocent enough because he could be a potential erectile dysfunction patient – apparently not.

This proves that males….16 or 61….same thing lah as far as their ‘*little brother’ is concerned. I’ll come clean, though, I’ve had many best friends and pet-brothers before. And only one of them was a genuinely an affectionate and close one. The others were popularity-based and also convenience-based.

So, considering all that I’ve said above, do you think it’s possible or conducive for a girl and a guy to become best-friends?

Ref * little brother means nether region, penis, crotch

Ref ** we sometimes call older men Uncles not a lot out of respect. Most times it’s out of respect but when you say it in a certain way, it’s supposed to be like ‘Yo, Old stuff!’

Ref *** - Para-Para means referring to everyone. From Bahasa Melayu

Like this? Digg this!

Comments

Kenny Mah said…
"As I can see from experience, it takes very little to jumpstart a man’s libido."

I just laughed out loud in the office when I read this. Couldn't help myself. It's so true, isn't it? ;)

This is why I love your blog... you're so frank about everything. Have a good Thursday!
Anonymous said…
Yes...it's possible. Just ensure the guy's a gay. Then he'll have NO sexual interest whatsoever in the girl.

Ah Marsha...you didn't ask whether the guy's straight or gay, ok?

anyway...girls have it easy coz they can flirt all they want and get what they want with sex.

I should know. I'm always surrounded by gorgoues girls. Seriously. Marsha knows hor? :-)



Killer
Anonymous said…
Nope, I don't think guys and girls can have a platonic relationship. Whenever a guy and a girl are close, either one of them has the hots for the other, or they both have the hots for each other but they don't admit it.

I thought para-para uncles are uncles who dance Aaron Kwok's para-para dance... :D
Marsha Maung said…
kenny, it's true isn't it? very sinang-sinang to wake up the brother wan!!! TGIF instead!!!

killer, I meant straight guys, bro! :-) Yes, I know lah. Killer is surrounded ALWAYS by killer girls wan! ha ha ha ha!!! and you're also quite right about the girls being able to flirt all they want. but you forgot to add that 'what if they flirt up the wrong guy'?

kat, HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! I was laughing so hilariously when I read the Aaron Kwok thing!!! Pua ha ha ha ha....I forgot he had a dance like that hor?

And agree on the girl/guy best friend thing. Now that we know men better, we KNOW it's not possible. Definitely got hidden agenda wan.

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe