We planned a dinner, Korean Dinner, of course, before a family midnight movie night so, we ate really cheap for lunch. Easy ones we got from a local kopitiam - kolo mee, pork chop rice, and mixed rice.
That...we did.
We knew we were gonna be spending quite a bit for the movie night and 'birthday dinner' but man-oh-man, we've been looking forward to the Spiderman - a Brand New Day!!! No, don't worry, there will be no spoiler and I won't tell you what the plot is going to be like, but I think you would have seen those trailers and guess how the movie started out and basic plot line.
The Korean dinner was absolutely delicious and portion was good! The restaurant had a lot of positive reviews from some real-life reviewers. Too bad I did not take any pictures, in hindsight. I called and booked a table ahead of time because we've been disappointed before for our birthday dinners when I assumed there will be a table for us.
Imagine when we looked forward to an Eat-All-You-Can BBQ dinner only be told there was no table for you on your birthday. That's always a double-whammy for my boys when both their birthdays fall on the same day.
Oiso Korean Paradigm Mall - Lot GF-10, 11 & GB-13, Ground Floor, Paradigm Mall, 1 Jalan SS 7/26a, SS 7, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
I wanted to watch the movie on my birthday (as a kind of self-awarded present) but it fell on a weekday so I managed to book the tickets for the nearest weekend, a Saturday and that was that! The movie started around 10pm-ish so, after dinner, we had some time to walk around...and got some really useless things that we did not think we needed...but needed, anyway. LOL!
Like me and my hairpins and hair ties, Josh and his earphone, and Jad with his snacks, and us with forks and spoons. I swear, so many of them disappeared after we moved to this new place. They magically walked off on their own or something.
Now, onto what I think about Spidey's Brand New Day - 9.8/10!
This opinion has nothing to do with what other people and pro reviewers had to say about it a few days ago. They dissected everything and explained things that I did not even care about. What I cared about was the storyline.
As with any other person who have watched a Spidey Movie, Spidey is gonna be Spidey and in this movie, he cannot be more Spidey than he is now.
You know how everyone loved Marty McFly in Back to the Future? Our super hero is in trouble but he is also carrying the weight of the world and his own social isolation on his back and trying to solve an impossible problem?
From the trailers, you've seen that he decided to remove himself from the lives of everyone he loved and lived for. We know our spider is pretty much down in the dumps. But how far will he go in order to reconnect with the most ridiculous allies just to keep himself and his friends alive was a little funny. Go find out for yourself.
He had no one to connect with except someone who hates him. His friends are in danger. He doesn't know where the real danger is. The danger, in fact, is multi-faceted, unidentifiable, and deceptive. This forces our Spidey to use more of his original Spidey senses, that's my guess.
Yup, that was the appeal. That's how the movie out-sold every other Marvel movie since the beginning of time in the first week of its release (my boys told me that was the case and I was not surprised). I don't remember anything about him suppressing his natural Spidey senses, though. Can't remember which movie was it. He relies on tech because why?
There was a a little bit from the original Spiderman film, a little from X-Men, and a little from the Avengers. Nice touch.
Side note: I will never watch this movie in 3D because I might throw up from all those web swinging sequences. And also, those Ninjas from The Hand (Daredevil) delivered my dream fighting choreography ever!
To me, Spidey is my Spidey when he managed to kick his insecurities to the curb. Go, Spidey!
I hope I did not give away too much because I said nothing about the main plot line. It's something you'd have to figure out for yourself. Did Spidey go back to become the same Spidey at the end?
Comments