Skip to main content

Cooking : Marmite Pork (Partial Air-Fried)

I was the kid who sat in front of the TV with a small spoonful of Marmite, Vegemite or Bovril...slowly licking it off the spoon like I would an ice-cream. I was a weird kid. LOL. I don't know anyone else who likes Marmite as much as I do, except for Kid 2 who doesn't mind it with porridge.

But it's brown (almost black, I know), it's ugly, it's sticky, it smells funky, leaves a (so-called) shitty taste in your mouth, doesn't it? HOWEVER...

...I guess nobody needs to tell you that there's a whole long list of health benefits to consuming Marmite. They range from helping you sleep better (because of essential vitamins and minerals for the brain) to treating your hangover. While it's also been said that it can help create smarter babies (think folic acid!) but here's also a little nugget...
In fact, the black stuff was considered so essential for a healthy diet that it was included in soldiers' ration packs during World War One and has subsequently been used to treat conditions ranging from malaria to malnutrition - Telegraph
The soldiers must think their countries hate them. Not only are they thrown into a war-torn country, they're hungry and got to eat shit for their meals. XD (All the more reason to pay tribute and respect these Veterans and military people who give their countries their lives)

But there are many reasons to give the concoction a shot...if not for the sake of the health benefits, for the sake of getting creative. Try it out with other things, who knows? Get adventurous and search the internet for recipes because while Marmite is not the most adaptable, palate-friendly or diverse of food, there's always Marmite Chicken. =)))))
Now, scientists have labelled it the latest “superfood” because of its nutritional value. Marmite contains a few simple ingredients: yeast extract, salt, vegetable extract, spices, and vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B9, B12) - Lifehack.org
Suffice to say, I am not the biggest expert in cooking, am not a chef, makes crap on bad days and am secretly in love with Dominos, but I DO share recipes when I find them and make them (because I HAVE TO). How many days of the year can you rely on McDonalds (just had them yesterday - lol), Dominos, KFC, Burger King, Subway and Wendy's, think about it.

I find most of the recipes on BigOven, AllRecipes, Cookpad, Food & Wine and some accounts on Twitter which I share it back on my Keep app so that I can print it out later when I am back in front of my laptop. On days when I am absolutely out of ideas, the printed recipes will have to come to my rescue.

I don't like every single one of the recipes that I find and only keep the ones that I DO like and would like to repeat. And if I like it, I am hoping that someone will find it handy and like it too. And the reason I do this is because I don't keep to the recipes 100%, I sometimes leave something out because I don't have it in the kitchen or have a replacement that might work. Recipes are flexible, I was told early on, there are always replacements and the deliciousness of a dish is highly subjective so, keep that in mind.

So, if you make something edible and someone gave you a thumbs up, SHARE PLEASE. =) Someone, like me, could be desperately hunting for something. Thank you.

It's usually Marmite Chicken but I had pork in the freezer so, I used it instead of running out to get chicken. Hope you have fun and like it.

Sorry, we ate it a little too quickly, no time for pictures. But here's a picture of some leftovers. =P As long as you have a picture reference. 

For some reason, CookPad won't allow me to copy and paste the recipe over anymore, so, you're going to have to go to the CookPad Marmite Pork (Air-Fried) page to view or print it out.

XOXO,
Marsha

Credit


  1. The surprising health benefits to consuming Marmite (Telegraph)
  2. 10 Surprising Benedits to Marmite that will Turn your Hate into Love (Lifehack)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe