Skip to main content

Women Dreams vs. Men Dreams

Royalty Free Images: This one is here Men probably dream about racing a car or making money or traveling all around (for free) while women (me, generally speaking) dream about falling off the edge of a plank, losing a loved one, getting trapped in a place that I am unfamiliar with and, more recently, dreamed that buildings were crumbling like crackers all around me...and I stood on the only last remaining solid building in the whole...whatever that was. Things changed for me when I read in a magazine that most men do not dream of car racing or making money. They dream about sex....and a lot of violence. No, seriously, they do (you KNOW they do!) but both types of dreams don't always occur in the same dream. They are sometimes caught kicking and screaming in bed because an unknown and unseen attacker is trying to steal his laptop but he is blinded with some kind of white light, namely his eyes were closed and you have switched the lights back on because he has been kicking you...and you are MAD. On other nights, men can be found gripping the bolster just a little bit too hard. Because of our physical and biological differences, it makes sense that men and women dream about completely different things and it is sad when I found out that women tend to have more nightmares. It's funny, then, that with such violent dream, why don't men classify their 'dreams' as nightmares. For women, we can't quite call a violence-filled dream a dream....it's a nightmare, no matter how you looked at it. Here are a couple of facts that I found out when I was trying to figure out what my dreams/nightmares were all about in real life. Apparently, when one dreams of falling buildings (earthquake or shoddily built buildings), it means that person probably feels unsafe in real life. That person could also be moving from one period of his or her life and things are unstable at that point in time. And when men dream of violence, murders, twisted plots to tackle someone else, war, weapons, fast cars....it is usually in relation to their work matters. Which reminds me about the consistent dreams that I used to have while pregnant – giving birth to animals, namely...sigh, a pig. This is common amongst pregnant women because of the constant anxiety surrounding the inability to determine (100%) if the baby is going to be fine. Both men and women have a common ground and that is, as I have discovered, dreaming about falling, unable to move, being chased, drowning, being secluded or trapped. Men just have it less. They all signal distress that we are experiencing in real life and is in no way at all indicative of the future. Dreams and nightmares is the result of our brain (the nerves) summarizing the events of the day up and then, so to speak, put them all in little compartments in our heads. Would I exchange my horror-filled dreams with the violent ones that men have? No, I don't think so. Not any day soon, anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe