Skip to main content

YES!!!!! She did it! The Battle Is Over!!!

I have to fuggin ssoooooo do this! I need to not just congratulate her but I have to kiss my sister's feet for doing this! She's just shown me....no, the world, that when there's a will, there's a bloody yellow brick road for everything. I mean, how many people can graduate from a degree....diploma....whatever it is but it was tough (I've seen the ENCYCLOPEDIAS that she had to read - it had to be PhD or something) doing it part-time. At thirty-something, she has to work, study, come home and sweep hair from the floor, sometimes cook (not very much, though), and on weekends she runs the hills....all those torturous stuff to do and still have the mind to study. I sit on my ass the whole day and complain that I am tired. When I was college, I sang, danced, partied and dated my way to a law degree. I should be ashamed of myself. In order to survive such a feat, there's only one ingredient in the cauldron....pure grit and determination. Well, two ingredients, then. Yeah, you KNOW you have to do it and you set your mind to it, no matter what is thrown your way. And she did it! So, to my younger sister who has always been sitting on the lower rung of the ladder just because I managed to rely on luck and the ability to bullshit to get my law degree, come sit with me on top. The view is really much better over here. Now let's wait for the other one to come enjoy the view.

Comments

Another Mom said…
Hats off to your sis for achieving that. Being a student is not easy, but a working, part-time student is someone who has the will of adamantium and perseverance of an almost fanantic (i do mean this in a good sense).

Congrats Marsha's sis. i tabik spring you.
Krista Goon said…
Congrats to your sis. I know how good it feels. ;-) Part-time students have it tougher as you need to juggle work and life and ... homework. But the results are worth it. There's a newfound confidence once the job's done and you look back and wonder how in the world it was done. That's the pleasure of success done well.
Marsha Maung said…
another mom, my hats off to her too! coz you're right, it really takes a lot of will power, might and determination for her to do that. i watch her struggle and sometimes want her to stop! but in the end, she didn't. :-)

maya, oh yes, she's more confident now. my papa happiest man alive. waiting for my brother (who has the will power of a sloth) to finish his! and yes, the end result is SSSOOOOOO worth it

Popular posts from this blog

At Camp 5, 1 Utama: Kids' Rescue Mission

The kids had a wonderfully exciting day today. Now, this is as extreme as this mother is going to get. Mommy goes Paintball, kids go mountain-climbing...I think I've fulfilled the criteria of offering my kids a fun and exciting life as a kid. :-) It was one of their friends' birthday party and they're a little bored of KidzSports...that's for BABIES, anyway, they say. So, off to Camp 5 then, says the birthday boy's mother. Camp 5 in 1 Utama is located near Neways Karaoke, for those who have never been there before. It's a neat little corner tucked up on the roof of the massive shopping complex. Anyway, the kids had tons of fun although a little apprhensive when they saw how high the 'rock' was. It's actually quite neat and if I didn't feel like throwing up whenever up on higher grounds, I would have wanted to try it as well. The highlight of this party came in the form of a rescue mission. As we all know, when one is frighte...

A Liberating Activity - Guess What Mine Is....

When asked what’s my one single favorite thing to do in the world, I would usually name a whole list of things that I love to do when my work is not screaming at me. Something that takes my mind COMPLETELY off of everyday tasks and relaxes me. Take a guess what it is…. If you say ‘ reading ’, yes, I love reading (especially soppy love stories with lots of sex scenes, please. Hee hee hee ….) and I also love mystery novels but it’s not the first on the list. If you say ‘ playing the piano ’; yes, I love playing the piano. Creating forms a huge part of my life and whenever I play the piano (as inept at it as I am), there’s this tiny little girl inside of me jumping up and down with glee, clapping her hands. It’s my childhood dream to be able to play the piano! And thumping on the keys gives me a sense of satisfaction when I hear the music. If you say ‘ writing ’; You’ve got to be kidding me! You mean I don’t write enough as it is? Case closed. If you say ‘ playing with my kids ’; Yea...

When will Mariah stop flashing her boobs????

Mariah used to be my favourite singer of all time because she's got this amazing gift in the form of a voice that can go ANYWHERE but why oh why is she so obssessed with flashing those enormous peaks of hers everywhere...and why is it that all her songs contain sexual innuendos....touch my body is one of them. I mean, I love the song, I love the tune, I love the beat but PLEASE , Mariah, PLEASE .....why can't you be decent for once? I clicked to watch because I like the song and spent a couple of minutes crossing my fingers that she won't be flashing anything (FAT CHANCE!) in the video. But nope....no such luck. In fact, with a song like that, she goes even further over the top. Where got people answer the door in this type of clothing wan?? Is she for real??? I mean, in this video, she calls a technician up to fix her computer and she answers the foor LIKE THAT ??? Aish.... But the video was entertaining in a sense because the lam-chue-kok (male lead) is this geeky,...