Skip to main content

Naturally Musical

At the age of 25.....no, 28....fine 32, I enrolled myself for piano class because it's a childhood dream that I have always wanted to achieve....to be able to finally play the piano for real. I enrolled the kids too and they love it as much as I do. We tend to tinkle more with the features actually but it makes piano-playing all the more fun. Music is all about fun and enjoying playing. I've never agreed with how the conventional teachers tried to drill their students and whacking their fingers whenever they played the wrong notes. I mean...WTF? Music is fun!! When you do that, where's the element of fun? So, I enroll myself into these classes and play quite OK. In a few years, I've managed to bring myself to the final level. That's not the point. I've always thought that playing piano came naturally to me. That's not true. Singing came naturally to me. Piano-playing came naturally to this five-year-old BLIND girl. Watch it and sob your heart out.

Comments

yenjai.net said…
Can I choose to comment here? LOL

Wow
You learn so fast?
Marsha Maung said…
yenjai, comment lah, here or there...or anywhere, nowhere or everywhere.....you like lah! :-) LOL
Mumsgather said…
I started just before my girl too about a year and half ago. That would be at age....tada 42 or izzit 41 or 43? Hmm... after a certain number, I can't quite remember my age.
Marsha Maung said…
musgather, HAHAHAHAHA!!! it's so true!!! after you reach 30, you stop there! all other years, you are 30! i hv to use calculator whenever someone asks me how old i am. hahaha

Popular posts from this blog

A Liberating Activity - Guess What Mine Is....

When asked what’s my one single favorite thing to do in the world, I would usually name a whole list of things that I love to do when my work is not screaming at me. Something that takes my mind COMPLETELY off of everyday tasks and relaxes me. Take a guess what it is…. If you say ‘ reading ’, yes, I love reading (especially soppy love stories with lots of sex scenes, please. Hee hee hee ….) and I also love mystery novels but it’s not the first on the list. If you say ‘ playing the piano ’; yes, I love playing the piano. Creating forms a huge part of my life and whenever I play the piano (as inept at it as I am), there’s this tiny little girl inside of me jumping up and down with glee, clapping her hands. It’s my childhood dream to be able to play the piano! And thumping on the keys gives me a sense of satisfaction when I hear the music. If you say ‘ writing ’; You’ve got to be kidding me! You mean I don’t write enough as it is? Case closed. If you say ‘ playing with my kids ’; Yea...

At Camp 5, 1 Utama: Kids' Rescue Mission

The kids had a wonderfully exciting day today. Now, this is as extreme as this mother is going to get. Mommy goes Paintball, kids go mountain-climbing...I think I've fulfilled the criteria of offering my kids a fun and exciting life as a kid. :-) It was one of their friends' birthday party and they're a little bored of KidzSports...that's for BABIES, anyway, they say. So, off to Camp 5 then, says the birthday boy's mother. Camp 5 in 1 Utama is located near Neways Karaoke, for those who have never been there before. It's a neat little corner tucked up on the roof of the massive shopping complex. Anyway, the kids had tons of fun although a little apprhensive when they saw how high the 'rock' was. It's actually quite neat and if I didn't feel like throwing up whenever up on higher grounds, I would have wanted to try it as well. The highlight of this party came in the form of a rescue mission. As we all know, when one is frighte...

When will Mariah stop flashing her boobs????

Mariah used to be my favourite singer of all time because she's got this amazing gift in the form of a voice that can go ANYWHERE but why oh why is she so obssessed with flashing those enormous peaks of hers everywhere...and why is it that all her songs contain sexual innuendos....touch my body is one of them. I mean, I love the song, I love the tune, I love the beat but PLEASE , Mariah, PLEASE .....why can't you be decent for once? I clicked to watch because I like the song and spent a couple of minutes crossing my fingers that she won't be flashing anything (FAT CHANCE!) in the video. But nope....no such luck. In fact, with a song like that, she goes even further over the top. Where got people answer the door in this type of clothing wan?? Is she for real??? I mean, in this video, she calls a technician up to fix her computer and she answers the foor LIKE THAT ??? Aish.... But the video was entertaining in a sense because the lam-chue-kok (male lead) is this geeky,...