Skip to main content

Yum Char Yum Char

These past few days have been nothing but tiring. Sure enough, school started liao and I can now have a few hours a day free from arguments, screaming, and mad-cap running around. But this also means that I have to wake up at 6am and feeling like dosing off in the middle of the day. Then there's the non-stop cooking and cleaning. That's why, now, I am very strict about my "official' working hours. After toiling inside the kitchen, on the computer and cleaning up after the kids, it's time to sit back and relax. I am a fan of this herbal decaf tea which they claim to be 100% natural called Celestial Seasonings. I also like the herbal tea from Marks and Spencer's as well. Very rich and aromatic. On Celestial Seasoning' s box, there's this really nice quote that I want to share with everyone.
There are three material things, not only useful, but essential to life. No one 'knows how to live' till he has got them. These are pure air, water and earth. There are three immaterial things, not only useful but essential to life. No one knows how to live till he has got them also. These are admiration, hope and love. Admiration - the power of discerning and taking delight in what is beautiful in visible form and lovely in human character; and , necessarily, striving to produce what is beautiful in form and to become what is lovely in character. Hope - the recognition, by true foresight, of better things to be reached hereafter, whether by ourselves or others; necessarily issuing in the straightforward and undisappointable effort to advance, according to our proper power, the gaining of them. Love - both of family and neighbor, faithful and satisfied
- John Ruskin. Yum char. Yum char..... (drink tea, drink tea) By the way, the featured box is Chamomile + Vanilla + Honey flavored tea. Absolutely caffeine-free. My personal favorite!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love tea too... Been needing it of late to come my nerves with all the late nights at work. :D
Anonymous said…
Camomile is a herb that relaxes the nerves. It was 1st widely used during the Roman times amongst the soldiers after a hard day's work.

It also relaxes the muscles and gives a light 'feeling' after you drink it.

I drink the Boh Camomile tea almost every morning. Great to start off your day..and drink one more cup b4 bed time.

Killer guy
Marsha Maung said…
kenny, killer guy, I usually drink the chamomile tea during evenings and at night. but I stay away from Boh because they're not as organic and plus they contain caffeine. for those who don't live a hyped up lifestyle like me should be fine lah.

but for me, I go for organic herb decaf ones....if not, i will be up all night and defeats my beat-caffeine effort.

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe