Skip to main content

Everything In Life Will Be Taken Away

Last week today, on a Thursday when I was on the way back from dropping the kids off at school, my cousin passed away in the hospital at 8.10am.

Things have moved on, we've done our best to send her off to her next journey. A journey we foresaw and had hoped would not come too soon but did.

She fought really hard against cancer, every single day she was alive, she fought it with everything she had. With herself, with the doctors and with her God. She wanted to stay. That's what makes it sad when during her final moments, she saw it coming. She knew she was defeated. The fight was over.

In a way, her passing was a relief to her. It was a bloody painful journey for her. And it brought many of us down to our knees.

For a few days, even when we were all trying so hard to be strong, to smile and trying to keep it together for everyone else who DID NOT see it coming (not everyone knew she had cancer so, to them, it was an even bigger shock), it's like we still had a fort around us.

Our final picture with this sister/cousin. We'll remember you always and miss you
Seeing her there lying in her final bed, looking into her peaceful face, wishing her well, sending her love, telling her not to worry and that we will be fine and remember her, seeing the heart-wrenching sight of the final nail being hammered into her coffin (I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THAT SOUND AGAIN), and watching her being wheeled into the crematorium...it STILL did not sink in.
“They say ‘you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone.’ The truth is, you knew exactly what you had. You just didn’t think that you were going to lose it.” ~Unknown
People came, people went, people asked out of curiosity, and people messaged incessantly about what happened. I wanted it all to stop because every response was another new gash in my heart. An admission that I don't want to face.

Stubborn, I wanted to say the fight is NOT OVER. It's not over.

But it was.

What I've learned is this - surrender.

Yes, you can fight a lot of things but in life, you can't fight fate, you can't fight God, you can't fight Karma and you can't fight the Universe.
Expect nothing. Appreciate everything.
Remind yourself that nothing is permanent.

Last year, we lost a cousin-in-law to cancer too. This year, I lost a friend in March, and then in April, I lost a cousin. Maybe life is trying to teach me something - let go.

Fight with everything you have in every fiber in your body but when the time is right to let go, do it. But don't forget. What I will remember are her valiant efforts to remain on earth, to be alive.

It's so cliche but true - every morning we wake up, it's a blessing.


See You Again
Wiz Khalifa



It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again

[Verse 1: Wiz Khalifa]
Damn, who knew?
All the planes we flew, good things we been through
That I'd be standing right here talking to you
'Bout another path, I know we loved to hit the road and laugh
But something told me that it wouldn't last
Had to switch up, look at things different, see the bigger picture
Those were the days, hard work forever pays
Now I see you in a better place, uh

[Refrain: Wiz Khalifa]
How can we not talk about family
When family's all that we got?
Everything I went through
You were standing there by my side
And now you gon' be with me for the last ride

[Chorus: Charlie Puth]
It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again

[Post-Chorus: Charlie Puth]
Aah oh, aah oh
Wooooh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Yeah

[Verse 2: Wiz Khalifa]
First, you both go out your way and the vibe is feeling strong
And what's small turned to a friendship, a friendship turned to a bond
And that bond will never be broken, the love will never get lost
And when brotherhood come first, then the line will never be crossed
Established it on our own when that line had to be drawn
And that line is what we reached, so remember me when I'm gone

[Refrain: Wiz Khalifa]
How can we not talk about family
When family's all that we got?
Everything I went through
You were standing there by my side
And now you gon' be with me for the last ride

[Bridge: Charlie Puth]
So let the light guide your way, yeah
Hold every memory as you go
And every road you take
Will always lead you home, home

XOXO,
Marsha

p.s. Please leave me a message if you see a grammatical or spelling error. I will get them fixed ASAP. And thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargazer - Stretch Those Sides

I have been doing this pose, part of Cosmic Dance (a type of yoga, I am assuming), called Stargazer pose without knowing it is called Stargazer's pose a lot in the past. You see, sometimes, I don't follow the rules and come up with my own stretches and poses. It is fun. I have on some music, nice, soothing music or just anything I can click on. Then I go with the flow, letting my hair down. Just moving to the music...and that is when I come up with the above Stargazer's pose. This pose really stretches your sides. Keep your eyes on the outstretched hand if you are keeping it pointed to the top, as if you are waving or connecting to a higher energy from the Universe. Your arms will ache a little but hey, toned arms, here you come! :-) For those who want a bigger stretch, it is safe to slowly and gently move the lifted hand towards your back...don't overdo it, listen to your body's complaints and respect it. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, reme

Maid Side-Kick

I was kind of a little sad when I read the news about this - there will be no live-in Indonesian maids in Malaysia anymore . There are pros and cons to having a live-in maid, as with everything else, but for us, we enjoyed more pros than cons. Back then, when my kids were little, we brought in a family of maids to help with...well, just about everything, and we were like two families merged into one. They ate what we ate, we sleep, they sleep, we shop, they shop, they joke, we laugh, we joke, they laugh...for me, the maid I hired was more like a sister and side-kick to me. For that few years, I was dependent on her to mind-read my schedule and when I need or don't need help. She picked things up quickly and we ended up having lots of moments whereby we were in sync. Today, two of them are on my Facebook and we were gleefully chatting over Facebook Messenger since they've just discovered the wonders of the Internet and Social Media. Since we were more like partners in crim

Project Wolf Hunting (2022) - Film Review

Less than 10 minutes into the movie, I was already wondering why am I watching this show, and in the dead of the night.  But I was thinking to myself, I've toughened up quite a bit when it comes to things like these... Happiness , Signal , Sweet Home , Alice in Borderland , Vagabond , City Hunter , Tunnel ...these crime and sci-fi dramas and films I endured just so that I can watch my favorite actors in action...they must have really built me some mental muscles.  Usually, I am the late kind because I want to see what everyone has to say about it...so that I am prepared.  I will just present you with reasons to watch and reasons NOT to. Here goes.  REASONS TO WATCH If you like Seo In Guk , Jung So Min , Jang Dong Yoon , Sung Dong Il , or maybe even Im Ju Hwan , you might want to endure this film.  Hint : If you're a fan of Jang Dong Yoon, maybe watch it.  It's interesting. I know we have a lot of post apocalyptic world films all over the place now but this is a little diffe